Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Patriot , how are you folks liking yours ?

Love mine. Found me plenty of silver and copper....deep.

Wild untamed animal compared to a F75 or T2 with DST....but if you can set it up right and handle it...great detector. Especially for the price. Can't think of anything that touches it for the $399 price.

REVIER loves his machine. He has the F70 which as far as I know is the exact same detector with a duller face plate. He should chime in here.

It was a sleeper at the $700 price as the F70, still and even more of a sleeper as the $399 patriot.
Great tool, handled most everything I have thrown at it.

I just ordered a Patriot. I liked my F70 and found a lot with it. I have lots of coils for my F75 SE/LTD and are interchangeable with the Patriot. GS

Does the patriot have modulated audio. I had an f70 a long time ago and did not think it had it. So I sold.been looking at the patriot lately.

In the form of VCO tone...yes. Deeper or smaller targets will sound fainter...larger or shallower targets sound louder.

The low/mid/high tones do not have it as much...and is more of a broken tone into a drop-off.

First post here. I'm new to the hobby and currently using a borrowed White's IDX. I've been doing a lot of comparison research and the Patriot has really caught my eye. Do you think this would be a good first detector purchase?

You will never go wrong with the Patriot. There are a lot of users here that will be helpful. It sold(F70) for $750 not so long ago. I think I recommended to you on another post to check out UTube for people using the Patriot/F70. There you will see it working and get a feel what it’s all about. For $399 it’s a bargain for sure. Also there’s a 5year warranty with it and lots of coils and accessories available. Good luck!

Green River Greg said:
First post here. I'm new to the hobby and currently using a borrowed White's IDX. I've been doing a lot of comparison research and the Patriot has really caught my eye. Do you think this would be a good first detector purchase?

Makes a great first detector...you can easily use the out of the box factory settings for so many sites, if you learn to adjust the gain that is really all you need to know for most normal sites.
If you happen to be hunting more difficult sites with mineralization, trash, iron or heavy EMI issues that is where learning to tweak the possible settings could be advantageous.
Using this thing can be as easy as you want it to be and you can dive deep into the setting adjustments if you want to, when you want to.

I have hundreds of hours standing behind the F70, experimented with more different setting combinations than most others and wrote about most of my observations on the F Series subforum.
I have explored the effects of adjusting the gain, thresh, disc, speed, notch and everything else I could adjust, I have a selection of 5 different coils I have used while both experimenting and just hunting for hundreds and hundreds of hours.
It it ergonomic, lightweight, sensitive, expressive, insanely capable and deep.

At $399 delivered there is still no other brand/model out there that sells a tool that has this much ability and this many features onboard than the Patriot anywhere near the price.

REVIER said:

Makes a great first detector...you can easily use the out of the box factory settings for so many sites, if you learn to adjust the gain that is really all you need to know for most normal sites.
If you happen to be hunting more difficult sites with mineralization, trash, iron or heavy EMI issues that is where learning to tweak the possible settings could be advantageous.
Using this thing can be as easy as you want it to be and you can dive deep into the setting adjustments if you want to, when you want to.

I have hundreds of hours standing behind the F70, experimented with more different setting combinations than most others and wrote about most of my observations on the F Series subforum.
I have explored the effects of adjusting the gain, thresh, disc, speed, notch and everything else I could adjust, I have a selection of 5 different coils I have used while both experimenting and just hunting for hundreds and hundreds of hours.
It it ergonomic, lightweight, sensitive, expressive, insanely capable and deep.

At $399 delivered there is still no other brand/model out there that sells a tool that has this much ability and this many features onboard than the Patriot anywhere near the price.

Thank you. Your review and opinion are very much appreciated. I've watched just about every YouTube video concerning the Patriot that I can find, and the more I watch, the more I can see one in my hand. For the money I don't think I can make a better choice.

No problem, great choice and my F70 has given me thrills and treasure I never thought possible.
I got my F70 the day after Thanksgiving 2013.
I had over 1000 hours with an F2 so I understood the Fisher language and tones but utilizing the different settings once I understood how they worked took awhile.
For weeks I just used 4H tones because it was as close to the F2 as I could get and this thing was so sensitive and jumpy it took a few hours and hunts to get a handle on its behavior but things all came into line and clicked not long after and finding and digging targets became easier.
On my third of fourth hunt it found me a large, 6.2 gram yellow and white gold ring that completed my quest for 12 good targets, a goal I set for myself at the beginning of the year.
It was in a picnic area I had hunted forever, was super trashy and it was definitely the high nickel tone in 4H that alerted me to this stellar piece of treasure that I still have and might end up keeping for myself.
Up until June of 2014 on every hunt and just about every target I experimented, changed settings while swinging over and walked around each target.
This is how I learn new detectors.
I could just go out and hunt and slowly learn over time but I am too anal for that so I choose to try to learn as much as I can about as much as I can as quickly as possible.
This is just me, I have the patience to do it knowing that the payoff will be huge and will come quicker than just tumbling around.
This might not work for some but for me it does.

I still found plenty as I learned, gathered up coins and junk jewelry galore, found a silver chain and pendant in April and even a gold ring in May but didn't find any other silver of any kind until June and more gold didn't show up until later.
Once I settled down with a few favorite settings and a whole lot more knowledge about how this thing worked I just went out and hunted.
That is when all that work and experimenting paid off for the rest of the year and still does to this day.

That year Mudpuppy and I had a little contest, he challenged me at the beginning of the year to see who found the most and best...him with his 4 years experience using the F70 and me only in my first year.
In the beginning of November I posted this thread about how much I found from when I just settled down and hunted until the day of this thread.
For all I missed fooling around so much the first half of the year came back to me in spades.
Everything I missed came back to me with a vengeance...I was shocked at how much I actually found when I gathered up all the pics in that...my first "learning year" and all from public parks. think I did alright if you look at the pics below.
99% of all this stuff in the pics was found from June through October.
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2120038,2120038#msg-2120038

I spent the next 3 years with this thing and learned so much more, a huge amount of treasure, bucket listers and more was the result.
I switched over to the Nox last year and I am now learning that as fast as I can, but I still have the F70 and I still take it out.
The Nox works well and differently in my very strange and challenging dirt but it didn't obsolete that F70 at all, the F70 is proven and has a track record in both great soil and in some of the worst and most difficult sites and conditions you can imagine so it stays in the arsenal and still gets used.
I will never let it go.

Hi,
I finally bought a Patriot after over a year of wondering if it was the right choice for my area. It was a new, unopened return at lower than discount code price from a great dealer. I am super impressed. I have tried several 8 to 15 kHz detectors in my thick EMI and high mineralized dirt. Most of them completely failed to handle the EMI and/or the mineralization. I was skeptical that the Patriot would do any better. I was very wrong. I just turned it on (outside!) ground balanced it in discrimination mode and lowered the default sensitivity from 80 to 60. It was super quiet EMI wise, with the coil facing outward. When I swept the ground there were only a few iron wrap around falses in the high conductor silver range from all the naturally occurring iron in my dirt. It has good depth, solid target ID and tones on coin sized targets and is fairly easy to understand and adjust. It has a great all metal mode (Auto Tune) too which also settled down nicely and went really deep. I love the target ID in Auto Tune! Right out of the box, it is a definite keeper for me!!!

Jeff