Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Patterns and settings

Bowie

There is a sticky and Bill S pattern. But I would like to see what some of you guys are using as patterns and your settings, while hunting parks and schools and what are your main goals/targets.
Are you after old coins (thats me) and not clad, and maybe jewelry if it gets in the way. I usually dig a good many pull tabs,aluminum, but then tire of it and go on with my hunt for older coins.
I just want to see a few patterns and settings. I have my settings down, and have a pattern I received from a friend that been useful. But I may wanna try something new.
One thing, I havent found any Indian Heads in town on the parks,schools and old house lots I hunt. I have found many Barbers,Rosies,Mercs,Wheaties and of course clad and countless other junk, no Indians.
BillS pattern, I havent downloaded so havent experimented with it, but if you have, will it capture the Indians also? Have any of you modified Bill S pattern to open it up a tad bit to have the ability to capture more jewelry?
Thanks,
John

The more discrimination you use the less of a change you will have at the deep ones or ones next to trash.

I always keep the trash setting to high trash for sure. The manual states that if it reads an accepted target next to junk it will sound off on the accepted target rather than the disc.'ed target. I have an open screen down to the 28 line. Real simple. If Im out and the pull tab type signals start to drive me nuts I will just black that out on my pattern on the fly, in the field. (I will black out everything CO up to 25 or so.) Thats about all I do. Im mostly looking for that sweet sweet 45 CO or higher (hopefully silver)