Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pcp pellet guns

Yes I have a Benjerman Marauder pistol (PRod) with a DonnyFL Sumo on it that I hunt rats with. Everyday I think about ordering a RTI Prophet Performance Compact even though it’s too much power for the property I live on. I did order a Sightmark Wraith 4K Mini night vision scope that I’m very excited about but they are back ordered and I ve been waiting for months on it. Some day I’ll take all the lead of found detecting and melt or swage it into slugs.
39B7DD61-732A-4A24-B126-241AD988506E.jpeg

I tried to post earlier but something went wrong. Yes I love shooting airguns! I have a PRod that I use for rat hunting. I love FX airguns but will probably someday buy a RTI Prophet Performance Compact. It’s too powerful to shot where I live but there’s a shooting range twenty minutes away

I have an old Benjamin 342 22 cal pump I bought in 1977. All original and still shoots beautifully.
I have the Whisper in 177 underlever cocker.
And another old favorite the Beeman 950 in 22 cal breakbarrel.
My entrance into PCP has been the Avenger in 25 caliber. So far an Excellent shooter. Hole in hole at 40 yds so far.
The Air Ventury Nomad 2 compressor is ticking me off. Used it 3 times. Then 4th time no pressure.
Cked the rupture disk. Slight bulge. Now I'm just waiting on a nice day to make the hour long drive to return for repair. I was hoping for it to last a couple years anyway. Want to save up and get something capable of filing bottles.
Anyone know anything about the Nomad compressor ?
Any suggestions on one capable of filling bottles ?

Anybody try these Hornets ?
I always try hydraulic experiments.
Fill cans with water.
Can on left was first. Rt second.
No pellets I've ever tried have done that much damage on the second can.
In 25 cal at 1010fps. Devastating.
Killed coons right quick. What I bought the 25 cal for.
I'm looking at the AEA Challenger in 30 cal next with a regulator.
Sure. I would love an FX or equivalent.
Just a little out of my reach at the moment.
Been of from injuries.
Anyone use moderators ?
Are Johnny FL's any good.
If I get the Challenger I'll definitely be getting one.

Attachments

• IMG_20220904_155620_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20220904_155620_hdr.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20220904_155828_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20220904_155828_hdr.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
I still have a multi pump .22 and a broken 5mm Sheridan. I may get a .25 (gas) springer someday. I can't see getting a PCP. My nephew has one and loves it but it was expensive, heavy and the pellets are expensive too. I have a Remington .22 pump. It's light, holds 15(?) Rounds, with the long barrel shooting CBs it's just as quiet and it has as much power and more without spending big $, plus bottles, pumps etc.
I'm not knocking anymore, I'm sure there are some advantages. It's probably like me spending $200 going out on my boat, spend a day to catch $40 worth of fish. Or buying an expensive metal detector and a lot of time and gasoline. We pick our battles and our hobbies.
I'd really like to find an inexpensive.32, .36 black powder rifle. At least I can cast the bullets and even make the powder.

Anybody try these Hornets ?
I always try hydraulic experiments.
Fill cans with water.
Can on left was first. Rt second.
No pellets I've ever tried have done that much damage on the second can.
In 25 cal at 1010fps. Devastating.
Killed coons right quick. What I bought the 25 cal for.
I'm looking at the AEA Challenger in 30 cal next with a regulator.
Sure. I would love an FX or equivalent.
Just a little out of my reach at the moment.
Been of from injuries.
Anyone use moderators ?
Are Johnny FL's any good.
If I get the Challenger I'll definitely be getting one.
Johnny FL's are great.
I have 2 brand new inexpensive compressors, that I have never even used.
110v, and 220 v.
Right after purchasing them, I discovered a local shop that will fill my 88CF carbon fiber tank, for only $10.
If I were you, I would check your local fire department, fire department supply shops, etc. and see who fills tanks...
Ask the firefighters....you might be surprised!
I started with springers,pumpers, and Co2.
Then I went to the dak side with a PCP Benjamin Marauder.
Like it so much, that I traded it in for a Air Arms S410.
Like it so much, that I traded it in for a FX Royale.
Like it so much, I kept the Royale, and purchased a Crown !
So now I have 2 FX's.
FX, in my opinion, is top notch.
Now , I cringe just thinking about C02, pumpers, and especially springers!

I still have a multi pump .22 and a broken 5mm Sheridan. I may get a .25 (gas) springer someday. I can't see getting a PCP. My nephew has one and loves it but it was expensive, heavy and the pellets are expensive too. I have a Remington .22 pump. It's light, holds 15(?) Rounds, with the long barrel shooting CBs it's just as quiet and it has as much power and more without spending big $, plus bottles, pumps etc.
I'm not knocking anymore, I'm sure there are some advantages. It's probably like me spending $200 going out on my boat, spend a day to catch $40 worth of fish. Or buying an expensive metal detector and a lot of time and gasoline. We pick our battles and our hobbies.
I'd really like to find an inexpensive.32, .36 black powder rifle. At least I can cast the bullets and even make the powder.
I took my Old Thompson Center system 1 muzzleloader. Has interchangeable barrels.
Bought a pulled Marlin 3030 micro groove barrel.
And modified it to fit the Thompson.
It'll shoot 30 cal pellets good to about 30 yards.
5-40 grains. Though 20 grains is 2000+ fps.
Barrels 308 and the pellets are 30.
It loves the 45-50 grain 303 cal slugs.
I'm thinking of getting a nice steel 30 cal air rifle barrel and using it like a linner so it'll shoot pellets accurately.

Johnny FL's are great.
I have 2 brand new inexpensive compressors, that I have never even used.
110v, and 220 v.
Right after purchasing them, I discovered a local shop that will fill my 88CF carbon fiber tank, for only $10.
If I were you, I would check your local fire department, fire department supply shops, etc. and see who fills tanks...
Ask the firefighters....you might be surprised!
I started with springers,pumpers, and Co2.
Then I went to the dak side with a PCP Benjamin Marauder.
Like it so much, that I traded it in for a Air Arms S410.
Like it so much, that I traded it in for a FX Royale.
Like it so much, I kept the Royale, and purchased a Crown !
So now I have 2 FX's.
FX, in my opinion, is top notch.
Now , I cringe just thinking about C02, pumpers, and especially springers!
How many top off's can you get out of a 88cf tank.
The Avenger tops out at 4300 psi.

How many top off's can you get out of a 88cf tank.
The Avenger tops out at 4300 psi.
Thats a great question.
It depends on which tool I use, but generally speaking, many!
I refill the 88 cubic ft. tank about twice a year, as Im only a plinker.
I suppose if you shot all day, every day, the 88CF tank would fill the tool about 15 times???
Maybe more???
There is a calculator available on the internet...somewhere.
But refilling the big 88cfer is not very often for me!

I liked the idea of the 30 caliber barrel.
And buying a bag of #1 buckshot.
Not perfect but a lot of shots in a 25lb bag.
Like single aught #0 is 32 caliber.
Triple aught #000 is 36 caliber.

About the cheapest kit I can find.

I was looking into getting a scuba tank , and tether to the gun.
Will the tank refill the gun to max pressure,, if so how many times can you refill ??
I have 2 scuba tanks last a long time you want 2 tanks one for the initial fill second for bringing it up to top pressure if you use only 1 tank you will get lower and lower top pressure when first tank is empty then fill use other tank for initial fill and top of with new tank . sube

Last edited:
I have 2 scuba tanks last a long time you want 2 tanks one for the initial fill second for bringing it up to top presser if you use only 1 tank you will get lower and lower top presser when first tank is empty then fill use other tank for initial fill and top of with new tank . sube
Will old oxygen tanks hold 5000 psi ???

The only pcp I own is a drozd blackbird modify 23 inch barrel 2000 rpm 1 shot 3 shot 10 shot or full auto set at 1400 psi no problem blasting through 3/4 inch plywood that's about 1100 fps this thing is a blast. sube