Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pcp pellet guns

The only pcp I own is a drozd blackbird modify 23 inch barrel 2000 rpm 1 shot 3 shot 10 shot or full auto set at 1400 psi no problem blasting through 3/4 inch plywood that's about 1100 fps this thing is a blast. sube
Never heard of that. Sounds really cool.
Would you have a link.

Last edited:
Yes I have a Benjerman Marauder pistol (PRod) with a DonnyFL Sumo on it that I hunt rats with. Everyday I think about ordering a RTI Prophet Performance Compact even though it’s too much power for the property I live on. I did order a Sightmark Wraith 4K Mini night vision scope that I’m very excited about but they are back ordered and I ve been waiting for months on it. Some day I’ll take all the lead of found detecting and melt or swage it into slugs. View attachment 23579
I'd be very interested on how you like that scope.
Been looking at that.

I still have a multi pump .22 and a broken 5mm Sheridan. I may get a .25 (gas) springer someday. I can't see getting a PCP. My nephew has one and loves it but it was expensive, heavy and the pellets are expensive too. I have a Remington .22 pump. It's light, holds 15(?) Rounds, with the long barrel shooting CBs it's just as quiet and it has as much power and more without spending big $, plus bottles, pumps etc.
I'm not knocking anymore, I'm sure there are some advantages. It's probably like me spending $200 going out on my boat, spend a day to catch $40 worth of fish. Or buying an expensive metal detector and a lot of time and gasoline. We pick our battles and our hobbies.
I'd really like to find an inexpensive.32, .36 black powder rifle. At least I can cast the bullets and even make the powder.
Here's a 32 on eBay. No barrel. I don't believe they can sell complete guns on eBay. Ask seller about the barrel. Though he'll most likely have to sell it separately. Maybe CVA sells the barrel as a part.

I prefer the "thwack" of a piston on a good old traditional springer.I have a weihrauch hw80k in .177 and can get good groups with it at around 30 yards.Much more challenging and satisfying than "puff"guns.🤣

I prefer the "thwack" of a piston on a good old traditional springer.I have a weihrauch hw80k in .177 and can get good groups with it at around 30 yards.Much more challenging and satisfying than "puff"guns.🤣
Yes I do love my Springer's.
The oll Beeman 950 really puts a smack down.
The old under cocker Whisper in 177 is a nail driver. Fun feeling that recoil.

That looks a great deal like my oll 950.

Attachments

• bd346a6454cbb19033f44283a7f677d5.jpg
    bd346a6454cbb19033f44283a7f677d5.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 107
The 80k is quite heavy and has a bit of a kick too.It was designed to be fac rated so the piston is a ltlle larger than normal i believe.....the weight helps with recoil though.
Build quality is exceptional and it will probably outlive me.Haven't used it for a while but i may have a bash with it soon,se if my aim is as good as it used to be.I use rws superdomes in mine....old pellet design but they are accurate in the 80.

The 80k is quite heavy and has a bit of a kick too.It was designed to be fac rated so the piston is a ltlle larger than normal i believe.....the weight helps with recoil though.
Build quality is exceptional and it will probably outlive me.Haven't used it for a while but i may have a bash with it soon,se if my aim is as good as it used to be.I use rws superdomes in mine....old pellet design but they are accurate in the 80.
Ain't used it Inna while. Make sure you silicone lube that O ring and bolt face.
I'm loving these 22 pellets.
The metal mags though pricy are unbelievably destructive. The piranha's are a close second.
The Stratons are the most accurate for me.
All are very accurate in my gun.
The Hornet in my 25 PCP makes a ratcoons head explode. Amazing performance.

I like to do hydraulic experiments with all my guns.
I fill aluminum cans with water to test effectiveness. Can on the left was first. I've never had a pellet do this kind of damage on second can like this. Usually just a pass thru. Metal Mags are wicked. This is from the 950 break barrel in 22.
My primary use is hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_20221022_144951_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20221022_144951_hdr.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20221022_144924_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20221022_144924_hdr.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20220904_155620_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20220904_155620_hdr.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20221022_145020_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20221022_145020_hdr.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20221022_150839_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20221022_150839_hdr.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 108
Crickey,those cans really have suffered serious devastation.I have a tin of hornets but I'm saving those in case the shit hits the fan.
Wish I could get mine up to its full potential but the laws here make it pretty unrealistic.I'm happy in the knowledge that if I ever need it to get food it will take out a rabbit or pigeon at good ranges.
Can't get over the state of them cans.......unbelievable.👍👍

Crickey,those cans really have suffered serious devastation.I have a tin of hornets but I'm saving those in case the shit hits the fan.
Wish I could get mine up to its full potential but the laws here make it pretty unrealistic.I'm happy in the knowledge that if I ever need it to get food it will take out a rabbit or pigeon at good ranges.
You have that stupid energy law. I think that's just an air port you have to change or drill out.
Can you mod when shit hits the fan ?
I believe mine Max's out around 25-30 ftlbs.
I really don't understand that rule. Even the fbi says you need 100 ftlbs for a human kill. Certainly PCP's can do that. It's just ignorant on their part.

Yes that first can the hydraulic energy dump is nuts.
Notice how it flattened the bottom. I believe the back would have blown out had it not been against the second can.
In the 25. The Hornets blow the first two cans to pieces. Passing thru two more. I hope they make them in 30 Cal next.

You should probably get a few more cans.
Never have enough ammo.

Yes,I will be buying a lot more tins in the near future for sure,especially watching how things are panning out.Can't believe we are talking like this in 2022 to be honest but I think it is now a necessity to be prepared in any way we can.Crazy really.

Yes,I will be buying a lot more tins in the near future for sure,especially watching how things are panning out.Can't believe we are talking like this in 2022 to be honest but I think it is now a necessity to be prepared in any way we can.Crazy really.
Yup.
I'm making certain my grandkids know how to shoot. Especially the Springer's.
A good springer and bag of tins of pellets.
Your good for quite a while.

How about moderators ?
Can you get those for your gun ?
If so. Pumping it up wouldn't be noticed.
I put a large muzzle brake on my 950.
Taped the side holes shut. Very effective.

Gun came with a factory supplied moderator which does a good job.Scope is a Nikko Sterling 4-12x with illuminated reticule.

20221023_145926.jpg