Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pendant, thimble and wheats.

Old coin hunter

Still trying to finish up a lot i've been working on for quite awhile. Found 95 more coins and this pendant , thimble and these two wheats. My total for coins off this lot is 264 with about 15% of the lot to finish up. You can see the pendant is missing the "stone" and i'll tell you why. Don't scrub jewelry in the kitchen sink like i did and have it go down the drain. Thank goodness it is a bling pendant and the "stone" appeared to be turquoise, but i wouldn't swear to it. HH Jim

Attachments

• IMG_20210206_163404562.jpg
    IMG_20210206_163404562.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20210206_163353499.jpg
    IMG_20210206_163353499.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20210206_163339944.jpg
    IMG_20210206_163339944.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 80
That is a lot of coins from one spot. Out of all the years I have been detecting I have never found a thimble. I think thimbles are really neat. Back in the day people made their own clothes and patched their own clothes. Now sewing is more of a hobby. Congratulations on all the great finds.

Thats a lot slippery hands to drop that much money, wow. I have dug one thimble and in trying to identify it learned there is a whole collector society out there, some can be worth a lot too!

Thats a lot of digging. Neat thimble, I like finding them. Ha, I've watched a few treasures go down the drain myself over the years. The garbage disposal stops them now and thankfully my wife has a small hand. HH Jim tn
Just the thought of sticking my hand in the garbage disposal gives me the creeps.
thimbles are always cool to find.

Before she passed away a number of years back my mother in law insisted that she lost he thimble. She even insisted that it was in a certain area. Some years later i took up detecting and worked that yard hard paying particular attention to the area where she had insisted that the thimble was lost. I never found it. Found two silver quarters and a barber dime but no thimble. In 9 years i have never found a thimble.

Im trying to find that website I was on with the thimble collectors........ looked at a couple others but not the same. They range a lot in what they are made of.......

Still trying to finish up a lot i've been working on for quite awhile. Found 95 more coins and this pendant , thimble and these two wheats. My total for coins off this lot is 264 with about 15% of the lot to finish up. You can see the pendant is missing the "stone" and i'll tell you why. Don't scrub jewelry in the kitchen sink like i did and have it go down the drain. Thank goodness it is a bling pendant and the "stone" appeared to be turquoise, but i wouldn't swear to it. HH Jim
Lesson learned--lesson remembered! Happy hunting! Ma