Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PHASE READOUT GRADIOMETER (PRG)

I may be wrong here but I thought one of the first round of improvements was on the cosmetic side to deal with the problems you mention.

Performance wise I suppose the one to ask would be Gary as he did have the new mods.

The new machine does look more profesionally built, especially the coils, which did look prone to break in the past but then the old ones were made of some wonder material that was both tough and expensive.

The improved performance was not just down to the twin coil design that had been used twenty odd years ago but to accuracy in construction. I can't rember if it was Gary or Georgi I spoke to but there was a very high rejection rate on the coils... if they were not up to spec. then they got binned.
It would be interesting to know if the coil material has changed for speed of production and a lower spec. is being accepted.

Refreshing to hear your views. The problem is that those who do have the machines up for sale, like the SE on one of the British forums at the moment, are not likely to dwell on any short comings.

I finally decided to stop speculating about the Garrett connection and sent Garrett an email about whether they had one in their museum or if they possessed any more info on this detector!!??? All I got was one big NADA.....................I guess to find one of these detectors, one must become a detective and track down any known original owners. Also this is compounded by the fact that this detector was popular over 30 years ago and most of the original owners are either deceased or in retirement homes!..............it would be easier to track down a pre-production Garrett, Roach detector or a Metlsensor.................HH............Joe

.................................would not sell even for big bucks!!..................At least for this one, the owner stated that the meter has not worked in years!!....................................OH WELL THAT IS THE WAAY THAT IT GOES SOMETIMES.......................HH..............Joe