Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Photo posting question

Mason Jarr

Kelley,
Can findmall accept off-site photo hosting images? I'm talking about bringing in links from places like Photobucket or Flickr. I usually share my images on three different photo sites I visit and the size restrictions are unique to each one. I'm trying to simplify the process, so if I can upload the images to Flickr and then link them on here, that would really save a lot of time for me.

Mike

Ooops I just saw this addressed to Kelley but if I'm not out of line I could give you my 2 cents worth. What I've been doing is uploading to a site called ephoto bay and then I copy "hotlinks for forums" and paste it directly into the message box and it works nice. I imagine you can do the same with other hosting sites.

Thanks, Dave. I addressed it to Kelly because he's the moderator, but any answer will work. I'll try a sample and see how it works from Flickr.

That's how I do all of mine. I've never posted a picture directly to a forum server. I keep all of them on my
own web server, and link to them. If the forum has a photo linking button, which this one does, I use it.
If not, I just add the image code to the URL myself.
That works on most forums that don't have image buttons. I used to do videos the same way, but since I
went to larger file HD videos, I've been putting them all on u-toob, and using forum video buttons, or pasting
the URL.