Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pic of silver chain ( I hope )

Ok, I followed sgoss66's instructions and hope this works. Please let me know if it does not. Anyway, I found this chain in a grass parking area. It rang up as a solid 13. I thought the numbers would be higher since it is silver. I was surprised since I thought it would be a nickel.

No picture yet, but, I found a 24" silver chain (marked 925), at the beach, with my Nox and it rang up as a 12-13. I've also found silver rings in the 12 to 21 range with the Nox. Here's a pic of the silver chain I found at the beach in the dry sand.

Since most detectors see only the clasp, trinkets, or SINGLE link......its probable a silver chain would hit in that range.

sandnsea49 said:
http://IMG_20181223_115906918 Ok, I followed sgoss66's instructions and hope this works. Please let me know if it does not. Anyway, I found this chain in a grass parking area. It rang up as a solid 13. I thought the numbers would be higher since it is silver. I was surprised since I thought it would be a nickel.

sandnsea49 said:
http://IMG_20181223_115906918 Ok, I followed sgoss66's instructions and hope this works. Please let me know if it does not. Anyway, I found this chain in a grass parking area. It rang up as a solid 13. I thought the numbers would be higher since it is silver. I was surprised since I thought it would be a nickel.

It didnt work because you cant use a pic on your computer as an internet address link.

Look ABOVE the message text block when writing your post. see the paperclip with the blue hotlink that says "upload file ..."? Click that to post images from your computer. the "image url" button at the top of the message block is for linking a pic that already exists on the internet.

sandnsea --

Jason is telling you to upload the file directly, to this website. You can do that. That's one way to get a picture on here.

The other way, is what Jason said -- the "image URL" button; what that does, is takes a picture on the internet, and posts it in your message. That's the method I was trying to tell you about.

If you wish to use Jason's method, that's a great option.

If you wish to use the other method that I described, you need to do the following:

1. Go to www.postimages.org

2. Click on the button that says "choose images." A window will then pop up allowing you to "browse" your computer and find the image you want.

3. When you find the image you want to upload, on your computer, click on the file, and when the filename shows up in the text box, click "open."

4. Now, that window (allowing you to browse your computer) goes away, and your image is uploaded.

5. When the upload is completed, you will see a screen that looks like this screenshot, where I uploaded a picture of downtown Pittsburgh from my computer, to the postimages.org website:

pit.jpg

6. On that page, depicted above, COPY the second link, titled "Direct link."

7. Return to Findmall, and the message you are wishing to insert the image into, and click the "insert image URL" button in the top of the message composition window (again, the button with the two mountains and the sun).

8. When the window pops up, asking you to "insert the URL of the image," PASTE the "Direct link" that you copied from the postimages.org webpage.

9. Once the URL is pasted, click "OK," and at that point, some code -- including the image URL -- is inserted into your message, at the position your cursor was residing at within the message composition window.

That's all there is to it.

Hope that helps.

Steve

https://i.postimg.cc/c1mpnrT2/IMG-20181223-115906918.jpg

Ok, this is another attempt. I appreciate every ones patience.

dang, too small. I will try again. It is too small because I was trying to resize it for the upload file which kept saying I needed it to be 480.

The good news is, you got the process to work!

Now, with the right-sized image, you are all set!

By the way, if you "preview" your message, before posting it, it will allow you to see if the image looks the way you want it to...and if not, you can edit your message until it looks right in the "preview" window...and THEN post it.

Steve