Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pick up a 7" Multi Kruzer Concentric Coil Today

Coin Rescue Inc

A 7" coil became available on the local dealer's web site so I picked one up.

The coil cord is plenty long and it came with the skid plate, Velcro strap and bolt set. Looks quite small and light.

I like the way Makro sets up the Velcro strap. It is fixed on the cord so it will never fall off and get lost.

I am using the same rod that came with the Detector and I thought the coil ears were wider than the original DD.
After installing it was easy to tension the bold to keep the coil from flopping. I hope that is OK to squeeze them ever so slightly.

I turned the unit on and tested it in the front yard just before dark. Since I was close to home there was some EMI but the EMI disappeared and was overridden by coin targets. In other words whenever I found a coin, the coin signal over took the MASKED the EMI. How is that for a turn-around? My front yard is littered with coins. At times I just tossed some out there for the fun of it and the grand kids.

Because it is a concentric coil the location of the target is right on center. No Guessing and maybe no pin pointing needed. This might spoil me.

Tomorrow I think I will get a chance to test it out in the wild. Headed out of town for a work meeting - A lot of places I can stop and test.

Also Sunday the local metal detecting club will a seeded hunt. The way the coil is working would be an advantage to quickly center on the seeded coins quick and easy. In these hunts the 100 some coin they plant are pretty much gone in the first 5 Min's. Guy fly through there as fast as they can.

Happy Hunting

I posted a few days ago about how the 7” concentric helped me with EMI, also. It’s pretty amazing the difference it can make compared to the 11” stock coil.

CS

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.
Yes I did read your earlier post. I wanted to buy some extra coils but stock was scarce.
How is your experience on how deep the 7" coil will work as compared to the stock coil?

I have only used the coil on about 3-4 hunts now and I primarily hunt coins. Initial results for me are promising. I am not seeing significant differences in depth or performance, but most places I hunt aren't SUPER old (1930's and newer mostly so far) and don't usually have a lot of stuff below 6 inches anyway. I need a new "fresh" park to hunt, as I have pretty much started to exhaust the two I have been hunting the most since last Fall, except for zinc penny signals and mid-tone targets (both are five minutes or less from my house). I am starting to go back and dig those, but MOSTLY they are zinc pennies and trash. I really haven't been surprised and gotten a ring or jewelry, yet.

I am trying to get permission for some fair grounds that are really close by, but so far I haven't bumped into the right person to ask.

CS

Do you mean between the 7" concentric and the 7" X 11 DD standard coil? If so the differences are-

7" Concentric:
Lighter weight
Better Pin pointing
Better discrimination in iron
Better separation on both axis at the same time

7" X 11" DD:
Better coverage
Better separation on the vertical axis