Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked me up a GTI 1500 for such a Deal!!! Can I get some Input please!

silverseeker 2

Found a GTI 1500 off Craigslist. Cleaned her up and she looks like New except for
the White 9"Scorcher Imaging coil. Came pretty clean though but it has a seam that
has a hairline opening which I'll just silicone closed. Wondering if any of you long
time 1500 users can recommend the best all around Coil for this machine? I'very read the
10 x 14 is the best choice for Depth and Seperation but then you lose the Imaging features.
Any useful Tips and how some of you guys set her up is deeply appreciated. Will be wanting
another coil for this machine but which one to choose? Yes, l own many machines but
just enjoy using different detectors and having fun. Time to get back into detecting as
I've been away from detecting pretty much for the last year and a 1/2 due to health and
other issues but gearing up to get out again as the Fever is settling in again.
Got out 2 weeks ago with the grand-daughter and had a riot with her and she's learning FAST
and knows about the ETHICS of this hobby which many don't Practice but , OH Well...
That's why we got our Woods detecting shut down here in Chicago because of
NEWBIE SLUGS. We hunted these Woods for years until the NEWBIE SLUGS showed up
Thanks for any input. I paid $250.00 for the GTI 1500. Was that a fair price?????
silverseeker2

Hello Silverseeker2, I would use a two part epoxy to seal that coil , the silicon wouldn't do the job.I have talked with Garrett several times and the 1500 can use any of the coils the 2500 will use,since I am mainly after old coins ,tokens,and, jewelry smaller coils work great for me!!The 1500 with the 5x8 DD coil kills co-located targets and still gets 6-10 inch targets with no problem HH Tony