Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked up a Nox 800

I traded my Simplex for an Equinox 800. I think it will compliment my Etrac very nicely. How do you guys set your 800s up for getting good depth and also good recovery speed? Thanks
Coinboy, did you find that coin? Its really nice. I dug one this past summer but mine was cut perfectly in half. 1731

Recovery speed of 5 is a good place to start then go down for more depth or up for better separation.
I just posted this about the equinox today.
Here's what I have found by testing several times.
1.In my opinion park 2 is a deeper mode.
2. Park 1 will give a more reliable VDI on deeper coins. ( coins 10 inches or so )
3. On the deeper coins Park 2 will report a lower VDI. But will give a stronger tone response.
So for me I use Park 1 most of the time.
On the rare occasion when I get to go on a civil war site in the woods I will switch to Park 2 to get a stronger tone on the deeper targets.
In Park 1 I can ignore some of the lower VDIs ( 1 to 8 ) when field hunting old house sites thats my be littered with can slaw from farm workers. (You will still dig plenty of can slaw at higher VDIs) If I was in Park 2 I couldn't ignore these numbers because I know that a deeper coins will bounce down into that range.

Coinboy, did you find that coin? Its really nice. I dug one this past summer but mine was cut perfectly in half. 1731

Recovery speed of 5 is a good place to start then go down for more depth or up for better separation.
I just posted this about the equinox today.
Here's what I have found by testing several times.
1.In my opinion park 2 is a deeper mode.
2. Park 1 will give a more reliable VDI on deeper coins. ( coins 10 inches or so )
3. On the deeper coins Park 2 will report a lower VDI. But will give a stronger tone response.
So for me I use Park 1 most of the time.
On the rare occasion when I get to go on a civil war site in the woods I will switch to Park 2 to get a stronger tone on the deeper targets.
In Park 1 I can ignore some of the lower VDIs ( 1 to 8 ) when field hunting old house sites thats my be littered with can slaw from farm workers. (You will still dig plenty of can slaw at higher VDIs) If I was in Park 2 I couldn't ignore these numbers because I know that a deeper coins will bounce down into that range.
Thanks! Yes I did find that coin. Funny you say that I found a 1731 (i think) 2 Reale about a month ago! Thanks for the tips.

Attachments

• E5D35AF6-4D59-413B-8568-0473079D507F.jpeg
    E5D35AF6-4D59-413B-8568-0473079D507F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • 4EEDFEF3-7AC8-47E6-AF80-004C09B3442D.jpeg
    4EEDFEF3-7AC8-47E6-AF80-004C09B3442D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66