Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pics of CTX3030 Upgrades

Bishop2012

Hey Everyone,
It turns out the CTX I just received is the new version. If you're interested I can take pictures to show you what has changed. Just let me know which area you would like to see as I'm not sure what exactly is new.

pics of the battery seating face, the latches, the o-ring and the o-ring channel if possible!

Also for what it's worth the snaps seem very secure. I know some people were mentioning needing rubber bands to keep them from popping

Thanks for the update. The sandproofing is a wonderful addition. Now I just wish mine detector had it.

hmmm, I can't see any changes to battery area, other than the o-ring is a different color. Can you remove it to show it's size and shape? The old red ones had a special shape, and yes, the old battery latches seemed very weak when closed, as if there was almost zero compression between the red seal and the battery pod.

talked to minelab this morning and asked about what it would take to do the upgrades ,http://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-notices , to do the arm rest upgrade the 3030 has to be sent in to be modified, and they didn't have a price on that yet. the battery upgrade kit is a ''new updated battery'' ( no change to the detector body ) with a deeper tab and new different colored o-ring that is supposed to seal better ( technology from the gpx 7000 ) so you can still use your old charger, batts. and o-ring and switch to the new setup for under water if you wanted, the price US is $ 129.00 which for minelab isn't that bad for a new batt. and o-ring :rolleyes: . dfly

I like the new arm cuff locks. Mine tend to slide. Figures they would make improvements after I purchased my 3030 last Summer! Grrrr!

I started experiencing the problem with the sliding arm cuff on the CTX3030 so I got one of these the moment the where available.
Great solution.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1907570,1907570#msg-1907570

I got a Herke arm cuff from Indian Nations Detectors and love it. very solid, doesn't slide or flex side to side

Overvoltage said:
I got a Herke arm cuff from Indian Nations Detectors and love it. very solid, doesn't slide or flex side to side

I have one also. The original cuff broke when I was using it on a competition hunt (thats a LOT of very hard side force on that). Minelab sent me a free replacement, but I left it in the bag and put on a Herke cuff. THAT THING, aint gonna break!