Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pictures of Silver and better finds from 2012

Tenspeed

Goes4ever asked for pictures of my better finds, so here are some pictures of my better finds. Thanks for getting me off my duff to post these pictures. I work on computers all day, so I don't usually use my computer when I get home.

I found 122 silver coins with the oldest being an 1891O Seated Dime (my first seated). I also found my first ever Barber quarter (1912). I can't show the 150 pounds of trash, or the 50 pounds of copper/brass I found.

They are in 2x2 holders since I like to keep up with where they were found. The loose dimes were just found with the exception of the top two rows of Mercury dimes. They are in my Mercury book I am trying to fill.

The medallion is my special find. It is very rare and related specifically to South Carolina WWI black history. I found 3 of these (picture is of first 2), and donated 1 to the SC State Museum since they didn't have one. A hunting buddy of mine found another one on a local college campus over Christmas while we were hunting together. All I can figure is that Rock Hill, which is a larger town in the state, provided a lot of soldiers for the 371st Regiment. An article about these and how I found them should show up in American Digger the second half of the year and will show my excitement at getting to hunt these two yards (a 1911D Barber dime and 1920D Mercury were found just this past Sunday in the larger yard where the first medallion was found). I plan on being back there tomorrow afternoon to see what else I missed.

The pin at the bottom center was from the 7th annual Southeastern Commercial Congress held December 13-17, 1915 in Charleston, SC. Here is a link to an article from an SC paper talking about it (lower right hand corner). It is pretty neat. http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/2010218505/1915-11-28/ed-1/seq-2/;words=CONGRESS+Congress+SOUTHERN+Commercial+CHARLESTON+COMMERCIAL+Southern+Sc+Charleston+1915

Happy hunting and I hope everyone has a phenomenal year!!

PS: I know I show locations of where stuff was found, but these areas are pretty much cleaned out between me and my detecting buddies!!