Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pin point and depth indicator

Does the DEUS have a depth gauge and pinpoint mode?

The horseshoe in the left corner act like a depth meter and there is a pinpoint mode, but you dont really need it, because Deus is accurate to locate the target with a normal swing.

Finder82 said:
The horseshoe in the left corner act like a depth meter and there is a pinpoint mode, but you dont really need it, because Deus is accurate to locate the target with a normal swing.
I can pin point better just dragging the coil back untill I lose the signal better than any pin point I have ever used. The coil on the XP makes it easy!

The Deus has a very tight, accurate pinpoint. Not always needed with this machine but still good for separating targets and confirming the location of a good signal next to iron. The depth indicator is only present when pinpointing and displays as an empty box on the screen. The closer the target, the more the box fills in - the farther away, the emptier it gets. You probably could use the horseshoe as a depth indicator though.....

As pointed out the horseshoe gives you the depth and also whether the item is ferrous or not.

I pin point using the old fashioned 90` method but if you watch the horseshoe as you get nearer the find with the coil kissing the ground it will darken up when over the nearest point to the find.Jerry.

As many have said, pinpointing with the Deus is very easy using several methods . . . . the infamous "DD-Wiggle", using one of the 4 pinpoint modes including one with the display that Mr. Wilburino referred to, or simply levering the fast recovery speed in zeroing in on a target (great for beach or relic hunting).

The two screen shoots attached show the "horse shoe" icon whcih has been mentioned . . . . it is one of the options that can be selected (I use it all the time) and shows the strength of a target's signal by being darker the stronger or shallower it is. Coins 2" or less will darken the entire side (left is ferrous, right is non-ferrous) while a 12" or so coin will be all white.

The other one is one of the pinpoint screens - as you get closer to the target with the center of the coil, the sides move into the center of the display . . . . another handy way to pinpoint targets. One tip is that the sensitivity in the search mode is set separately from the pinpoint mode - so if you are not getting a signal in pinpoint, bump up the pinpoint sensitivity to match responses in both modes.

Hope this helps

Andy