Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pin Pointer for Beach/ Water Hunt. Also Scoops

SandPhantom

Vibra-Probe 580 or Aquatics 2? Need a pin pointer that can be dual purpose and apparently the vibra-probe is pretty good. Opinions?

Looking at a Reilley's long handled scoop either in SS or Alum. with SS tip for dual purpose in dry/wet sand and surf recovery. What models are you using and do you like? Or do you recommend something else from the Reilley's line?

In my humble opinion any pin pointer for the beach is a waste of anyone's good money.

just something else u have to carry, need to travel light.............pointers are good for dirt digging.

scoops...............depends on age and health

young to middle age................the bigger the better................now comes the hard part..............alum. or s/s......................same procedure: young to middle age - S/S - at least 6" diam............................alum...................much lighter and if u add S/S lip...............makes them even better, but not necessary unless your beach area has many rocks and shells.

mid 60's..........................age group.............i had to down size, my old body told me those 6 & 7" scoops i had were too toooooo heavy when full of wet sand.

i will be a bit older on friday and i love the two 5" dia. alum. scoops from reily's i have now, but i still have a nice 6" S/S scoop for when i work in the deep water and big wave area.

see some examples

remember..................many many other scoops around, some love the diamond shaped scoops - s/s jobs and then there is chucks monster S/S scoop with the wonderful wooden handle...................yes, i had one of those also............way back when and the NJ Beachcomer S/S scoop - and then there is the Big alum. BEACH BRUTE

good luck, this is a hard choice for such an easy project.

2SCOOPS.jpg

NEWDIGGERS-082.jpg

SCOOPINFOSM.jpg

SSLENGTH2.jpg

FAMILYSM.jpg

ebbabb3.jpg

COMBER1.jpg

YELLOW7.jpg

OF9916.jpg

O896.jpg

OCEANSCOOP.jpg

HAVE FUN
FIND MUCH GOLD LOOT
and do not buy a cheap light weight scoop

I like the diamond head scoop made by Travis Nuttall...He advertises here and is a pretty nice guy!

I have to agree with VABeachMax on all Accounts, Plus go watch the Pro's in your area and see what the are using. Nuttall, Hits Deep and the design of the Rectangle seems to hit the targets that a rounded scoops might take a second try.

Good Luck .......Obn