Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pin pointer

Garrett carrot is seen in most peoples hand on youtube and in mine! From alot of research it's there with the best of them imo and waterproof.my buddy is low on cash and bought a gp pointer for 50 something it works and has for 6 months but is quirky in bad ground

Lots of good ones. Carrot is great and has been around for a while, so you see lots of them. Fisher F-Pulse and the Teknetics version (same thing different color) are really good too. Waterproof like the carrot and deeper in detection depth.

Go to my youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend/videos

I have a couple videos comparing old and new garrets, old and new minelabs and another about the F-Pulse.

Garrett Carrot is my choice. Also have the earlier model but it falses & goes nuts way to much.
Cant loose it 'cause its ORANGE !
BTW these things are as important as a good digger. Saves TONS of time.....

HH Tom
LFOD !

Jason in Enid said:
I have a couple videos comparing old and new garrets, old and new minelabs and another about the F-Pulse.

Jason,
Nice to see actual in-dirt testing...:thumbup:

Thanks,
mike

TomNH said:
Garrett Carrot is my choice. Also have the earlier model but it falses & goes nuts way to much.
Cant loose it 'cause its ORANGE !
BTW these things are as important as a good digger. Saves TONS of time.....

HH Tom
LFOD !

I get depressed if I get to a hunt site and find I forgot my pinpointer. Hunting without it so much more work, and its pure guessing where its at if the hole is empty. Just have to start randomly digging wider and deeper.

Jason in Enid said:
I get depressed if I get to a hunt site and find I forgot my pinpointer. Hunting without it so much more work, and its pure guessing where its at if the hole is empty. Just have to start randomly digging wider and deeper.

I can sympathize with that.
It's so critical to me, that I have a spare pinpointer in the truck and extra spare batteries for both.

I had to hunt once last year without one, and I don't want to do that again. :surrender:

mike

I have several, I need to just start leaving them in my truck. What gets me is when I take my pouch in the garage to clean it out and forget to put the pinpointer back in. I've gone back home when forgetting my Sampson digger, and my headphones. Some things just make detecting so much easier thats its frustrating to be without.

I have put my Minelab pro find 35 thru heck and back without a glitch! The sensitivity adjustment is a separate button so it is not accidently being adjusted. The ferrous id is a nice feature for iron laden sites. Happily sold my last carrot :clapping:
Laplander

I like the Deus one it’s rechargeable but there are a few now that are I use it with my nox and Deus

I have 2. The black Garrett land only is now my backup. I use the Gold Digger Land and Sea I got from KellyCo last year. Works great. The only bad thing about it? The pinpointer interferes with my detectors because it uses Pulse Technology. I just sit the detector to the side, so no big deal.

My favorite is my Sun Ray probe on my Sovereign, like my Uniprobe that are in the headphones as it is deep, but neither one is made any more and have a Minelab Pro Find 35 to try this year and got the new -MI4 XP MI-4 Waterproof Pinpointer that has just been released on its way to me that can be used without the XP Deus. So I will have 2 different ones to try out this year on my Equinox 800. A few of my hunting buddies use a Whites TRX that used to use the Garretts and are happy with them, so it seems like any of the major companies make good ones. Like detectors I have to try different ones to find the one right for me.

Rick

Rick(ND) said:
My favorite is my Sun Ray probe on my Sovereign, ......

Rick

Ohhhh, I absolutely LOVED my Sunray X-1. The only draw back to moving from the E-Trac to the CTX was the loss of X-1 probe use. At least I sold it for as much as I paid for it (or even more possibly)

Jason in Enid said:
I have several, I need to just start leaving them in my truck. What gets me is when I take my pouch in the garage to clean it out and forget to put the pinpointer back in. I've gone back home when forgetting my Sampson digger, and my headphones. Some things just make detecting so much easier thats its frustrating to be without.

"I'm with you there J!!! I'm the world's worst at that! But I take it a step further, I'm now forgetting to take my equipment incl. diggers and pointer's when I'm leavin' sites...incl beaches!!!
Heck, I'd betcha that I'll eventually dig up my recently lost 'Black Ada' foot assisted stainless digger at a favorite beach!!! (Am eyin up a newer model...not the red version but the standard black!)

Having tried a bunch, including the Carrot, I currently use and like the Whites TRX. It is deep and it detects from the tip only, not the sides (unlike the Carrot). But, many users prefer the Carrot approach. I have not yet tried the Fisher F Pulse and Minelab Profind 35, which both sound good.

I have a carrot and hate it. I also have a TRX but the sound is weak other than that I like it..