Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pin pointers

Mike(NC)

Been away from diggin for some time now. I see quite a few pin pointers out there, but not many comments about them. The comments I usually see are on the Garrett. Are they all pretty equal or are there a couple that stand out in performance? Thanks for any replies..!

I have a Drus so I bought the MI-6 which links to the detector or not because I also have a nox 800 so I use it with both its
A great pin pointer now they make the MI-4 it’s cheaper and does not link up but the reason I like them the most is they’re rechargeable
No darn bartteries! They can go up to 90 hours run time on a single charge and I’ve never had it die on me in field like a carrot!
Just my two cents. And it floats
Mark

I have both a Makro and a Nokta pin pointer. I'm impressed at how well they perform and at their durability in really tough conditions. The new Fisher/Tek pulse models intrigue me for their increased depth. It could come in handy when the targets are deep. Apart from that I feel no need to change.

The TekPoint and FPulse are both great pointers. Stay clear of the knock offs and most all of the major brand units work well.

Might just be me, but I sent the fpulse back, it kept falsing, I would have to keep restarting it while trying to find the target. My Garrett is also a problem, sent it in for repairs once, but it developed other issues, I now only have 1 sensitivity setting, and it will only beep (no vibrate). I would like to find one that actually works properly, and that pinpoints, not get you within 4 inches of the target, my metal detectors will do that.

Mike(NC) said:
Been away from diggin for some time now. I see quite a few pin pointers out there, but not many comments about them. The comments I usually see are on the Garrett. Are they all pretty equal or are there a couple that stand out in performance? Thanks for any replies..!

The Garrett carrot, hands down

If you can get an F-Pulse which is solid(meaning the battery compartment and tension spring is well made and tight), you will be happy. I got mine back when they came out on the market and have done my own personal re-designing on my F-Pulse. I finally got mine working great.

The newest generation units could just be perfect. I also own the Carrot and has been a good pointer. Sensitivity won't match the F-Pulse though.

Good luck.

They all seem to be pretty decent now a days, unlike a decade or so ago when they were mostly toys except for a few.

The new Nokta Makro Pulse Dive pinpointer is built like a tank, has a built in rechargeable battery, easily adjustable depth and sound or vibration. Definitely a high quality pinpointer built to last.

I'll add my 2 cents. I've had a few pin pointers and some were good and some not so good. A buddy of mine bought a Whites TRX? I think that's right. He showed me how only the point of the pointer detects so where you point it the target lies. My Garrett is 360* so stick it in the hole and if it goes off you don't know if the target is at the bottom or the sides just that it is still there. As soon as I can I'm gettin a Whites.

I have had 4 other pin pointers, and now have the Whites TRX, that is what I use all the time now. If you haver put a bad cut on a good silver coin, you need a pin pointer. once you use one for a week, you will not want to detect with out one. you can get $16.00 one at Harbor F. just to give them a try, it won't work as well as MI6 or whites or garrets. Good luck flintstone

I need a pinpointer for the freshwater search that detects small pieces of metal, open gold earrings, gold chains, things like that.
I have a Nokta/Makro Pulsedive, but it is almost completely blind to these objects.
This may be the price of salt water stability.

Recently bought a Garrett carrot pinpointed and this thing is amazing, works perfectly!. I'm a inland coin Hunter and it will actually detect a full 2" in the ground plus there is no drifting during use which is a bonus,also the sound is nice and loud.

I just received the Pulsedive this week and have been checking it out yesterday and today. Out-of-the-Box the Sensitivity as on level 5. Indoors there are no EMI issues, and I checked it on both coins wrist chains, rings and pendants and it worked white well. I'm detecting yesterday and today it's continue to perform well.

I'm just finishing my lunch break I'm heading back out use it some more. The two other pinpointers I have are the Teknetics Tek-Point that I bought two or three weeks ago and it also went quite well. That's why I still have it

The pinpointer I've been relying on 5 years as of this coming January 8th use my study companion on my gear belt. I wish they still made it

So far all three of these devices what great drawing of the anticipated coins and Jewelry I might encounter, including small Rings, chains, and similar targets.

Monte

Recently bought a Garrett carrot pinpointed and this thing is amazing, works perfectly!. I'm a inland coin Hunter and it will actually detect a full 2" in the ground plus there is no drifting during use which is a bonus,also the sound is nice and loud.
I have trouble adjusting the sensitivity. Used to have it at 100 percent which was too much. Think I managed to lower it to medium which is better. Question, does vibrate run the battery down faster then audio?