Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pin Pointing with the Nox 800 ?

Grunter

My Nox 800 pin points on the left heel of the 11" coil. It does it every time. I've tried pulling the coil back to center over the pin pointed area and get nothing. I'm to the point of digging my plug back a couple of inches from the left heel. Anyone else experiencing this anomaly ? This seems to have occurred since I up loaded the of the. I've tried to go back to the old version but the screen on my laptop only shows the top three quarters of the update screen.

Well I finally figured out how to go back to the old version. My Nox now pin points right on the money where the manual says it is suppose to. I would like to hear from other Nox users that have experienced this issue and would really appreciate an explanation from a ML tech.

Grunter-----How do you go back to the old version? (Windows 10)
Grunter said:
Well I finally figured out how to go back to the old version. My Nox now pin points right on the money where the manual says it is suppose to. I would like to hear from other Nox users that have experienced this issue and would really appreciate an explanation from a ML tech.

D&P-OR said:
Grunter-----How do you go back to the old version? (Windows 10)

Open the updater and connect your EQX. look on the right side of the page for three dots ( ... ) and click it. There it will allow you to change the software to an earlier version.

I updated my 800 to the latest, and it pinpoints exactly in the center where it's supposed to. However, I bought this detector last weekend, and updated it before using it. I believe that the update corrects a problem with detecting a coin on edge.

Maybe if I do a factory reset and then upload the fix maybe mine will pin point correctly,its worth a try.

Grunter said:
Maybe if I do a factory reset and then upload the fix maybe mine will pin point correctly,its worth a try.

a FP is pointless if you are going to then change the software. Just do the update.

Grunter said:

See my detailed post in the "Equinox Software Update Not So Good" thread.

My 600 was not a happy camper with the update. Switched back and she's back to slaying targets like a champ again.

Before the update, when I would pinpoint, the target would be center of the coil but just in front of the stem bolt. My hot spot was in front of the detector stem, right where a little dimple is from the coil molding process.

After the update, I noticed I was missing the targets by several inches, and the target almost always ended up in the sidewall of my hole...always in the same spot. I figured out the pinpoint center had shifted somehow...now, the reference point on the coil would actually be BEHIND the detector stem, where the white bar code label thing is on the coil. If I understand your post correctly, that would be very similar to where your detector is pinpointing as well.

I have water hunted with my Nox all summer long and had gotten use to scooping targets without being able to see a reference spot on the coil or on the ground. I got quite good at scooping but immediately after the update, I was missing targets. I really saw what was happening when I did a water hunt one morning and a land hunt later in the day. I first thought it was due to the wireless headphones...since I don't use them in the water, I thought there must be some kind of lag with them that was causing it...in fact, the last time I went, I started using the wired waterproof headphones just to see if there was a difference...and there wasn't. SO, your post kinda helps me lay that one to rest with it being the update that caused the problem. I dunno why it did but that seems to be the RC in where it all started.

Went back to the old version pin pointing is on the money. VDI's are more stable but running higher than the new version. Depth appears to be about the same.

Grunter said:
Went back to the old version pin pointing is on the money. VDI's are more stable but running higher than the new version. Depth appears to be about the same.

I did the upgrade and my pp in dead in the middle of the coil....maybe not every detector is the same..

Did the update on my 600...Pinpoints in the center also.

My 800 pinpoints right at the dimple, after the update. No problem here.
Matt

Pinpointing is not the Nox's best feature, or, maybe it's the coil. It works,but seems more affected by other nearby objects than most.