Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpoint problems & Ground balance question

Silverblooded

I'm haveing trouble pinpointing my targets. I'm useing my 950 elipse and when I get a target that looks good all the way around (hump, tone, etc) I can't pinpoint the damn thing! I do a larger sweep in pinpoint mode and eliminate anything within a 1-2 foot radius and I still can't pinpoint it. I turn up and down my AM mode and still no results. I gave up after this happened 3 times today. The targets were showing up as quarters. I have no clue and need help on this one.

Secondly, when Disc mode is changed or any sensitivity numbers are changed, do we need to re ground balance?

And lastly, when ground balancing do I release the trigger on the downward stroke at the point when the coil touches the ground or just above the ground?

Oops, one more, pull tabs are still giving me a perfect hump on my anyalize screen. What is the cure (if there is one) for this? My bottle cap reject is set at 3,or is that just for sound?

Any good programs out there yet? Today is the first day out this year and the first time in a long while since I've been here too. Winter depression really sucked this year!

It's good to finally be back out!!!

Thanks for reading my problems.
Silver.

I'm haveing trouble pinpointing my targets. I'm useing my 950 elipse and when I get a target that looks good all the way around (hump, tone, etc) I can't pinpoint the damn thing! I do a larger sweep in pinpoint mode and eliminate anything within a 1-2 foot radius and I still can't pinpoint it. I turn up and down my AM mode and still no results. I gave up after this happened 3 times today. The targets were showing up as quarters. I have no clue and need help on this one. Not enough information. What was the depth, did you find the target? Was it just a deep can?

Secondly, when Disc mode is changed or any sensitivity numbers are changed, do we need to re ground balance?
Discrimination no, sensitivity yes

And lastly, when ground balancing do I release the trigger on the downward stroke at the point when the coil touches the ground or just above the ground?
Pull trigger first then press enter and hold both when you are pumping. Release enter first and trigger second. The coil doesn't touch the ground, and where it is released in the pump makes no difference. Read my ground balance post on this page.

Oops, one more, pull tabs are still giving me a perfect hump on my anyalize screen. What is the cure (if there is one) for this? My bottle cap reject is set at 3,or is that just for sound? The don't think there is a cure.

It's good to finally be back out!!!

Thanks for reading my problems.
Silver.

Thanks for the fast reply and sorry for the lack of info. The V3 said the target was at 4" and was a +85, +86. I was so frustrated that I didn't dig (my fault). Next time this happens I'm going to dig and see if I can find it. I know, I dug all of the bad targets to pinpoint and didn't dig to see what the target or where the target was. BRAIN FART!!! I guess I was too frustrated to think about it.

Save time and wait till I respond my next results when I dig that mystery coin.

Silver.

I've found it to be a little better to release when near the ground while leaving ground. Doesn't make much difference, but I think (might be just my imagination) it helps a little.

GB when changing frequencies, frequency offset (which is still changing the frequencies), Tx Boost or the gain.

It sounds like a deep can to me, but that does not mean that is what it was. It could have been one of many things. By lifting your coil above the ground several inches and you still have a good tone is the first suggestion it is larger than a coin and much deeper than the given depth. When starting out, it is a good idea to dig everything in question and that way you will know next time when you have similar readings.

Good idea. But if I can't pinpoint it should I just dig a 8'' hole to see where and what it is? Thats the whole problem, when sweeping I can pick it up, when I go to pinpiont, it is not there. Next time this happens I will dig until I find it and gladly give the results. A phantom coin....watch out for that field ahead, you are now entering the to the V3 zone...dew dew dew do dew dew dew do

be sure you Squeeze the pinpoint trigger when you are off to the side of the target. If u putthe coil right on the target or almost on it, itmay seem to disappear. Were you already sitting with the coil right on the target when u squeezed the trigger?

Maybe this will help u I hope.

Taterhead

Good point Tater, so many of the "basics" become automatic functions that many of us don't even think about it. I could not figure out why he could get a discriminate target and yet not pinpoint it in all metal mode. :rage: Starting your pinpoint over the target will sure do it.

I did the pinpointing right. I tried everything except digging the damn thing(homer moment DUH-OH). Next time I run into this I'll dig until I find it and post the results. I can't get out until Saturday.....no babysitter available till then. I'm also going to bring my XLT to the next site and when it happens again I'll try the XLT to pinpoint.
Thanks everyone
Silver