Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointer Button Thoughts

Terry2113

Not a Equinox-specific question, but....
The two pin-pointers I have (Both garrett brands) have a single on-off switch. On both units, you press on and press again fo off. And if you want to recalibrate (to better find your target), you must turn off/turn back on inside the hole.

Wouldn't it be easier to have a switch that is only on when held down? That way you don't have to worry about erroneous noise when you pull out of the hole (hitting your shovel or something) and to make it easier to recalibrate inside the hole (just let go, then press on again)

I don't see myself needing such arm length that my hand wouldn't be near the button (to make a always-on switch) helpful.

People's thoughts?

Not a Equinox-specific question, but....
The two pin-pointers I have (Both garrett brands) have a single on-off switch. On both units, you press on and press again fo off. And if you want to recalibrate (to better find your target), you must turn off/turn back on inside the hole.

Wouldn't it be easier to have a switch that is only on when held down? That way you don't have to worry about erroneous noise when you pull out of the hole (hitting your shovel or something) and to make it easier to recalibrate inside the hole (just let go, then press on again)

I don't see myself needing such arm length that my hand wouldn't be near the button (to make a always-on switch) helpful.

People's thoughts?
I never owned a pin-pointer, too over priced for me. Wish I knew a good one under $50. Not my area of expertise.:shrug:

I disagree... When my handheld pinpointed is in a hole, or checking the Dirt I removed, Having to continuously hold down a button to make it work would lead to missed targets if Your finger relaxes for a second. My Garrett Pro Pointer AT works flawlessly.

Many of the original pinpointers had a press-and-hold button to operate. Most people asked to have a switch instead.
Having used both extensively, I can definitely say I much prefer the way it is now.
:)
mike

Ever time it is turned on it has to calibrate. If the ground is mineralized you have to ground balance to the ground then find the target.