Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointer interference

I am new to the T2. I have the Technetics Pinpointer as well. The detector chatters crazy when I use the pinpointer. Is this normal? It is fine when I use the Carrot. Help?

Elvis, The Tek pinpointer has 16 frequency settings selections you can cycle through to find one that doesn't interfere with your detector. Turn your detector on, turn the pin pointer on and put it into the frequency selection menu and point it at your detector's coil and cycle through the frequencies until you find one that is quiet for both. Note that you should never detect with the pinpointer on and pointed anywhere toward your coil as it will silent mask so badly that your detector will not report surface targets. To avoid this, when doing your frequency selection process you should be sweeping your coil over a target at the same time. You want to select a pinpointer frequency that is both quiet AND doesn't cause target masking.

In other words, choose the pin pointer frequency that doesn't make the detector noisy and allows the detector to sound off on targets when its in the pin pointer's field.

Its something to experience.....standing there sweeping over a good strong target and your detector being totally silent because your pinpointer is pointed at it from three or four feet away.

Good Luck.
HH
Mike

Elvis, The Tek pinpointer has 16 frequency settings selections you can cycle through to find one that doesn't interfere with your detector. Turn your detector on, turn the pin pointer on and put it into the frequency selection menu and point it at your detector's coil and cycle through the frequencies until you find one that is quiet for both. Note that you should never detect with the pinpointer on and pointed anywhere toward your coil as it will silent mask so badly that your detector will not report surface targets. To avoid this, when doing your frequency selection process you should be sweeping your coil over a target at the same time. You want to select a pinpointer frequency that is both quiet AND doesn't cause target masking.

In other words, choose the pin pointer frequency that doesn't make the detector noisy and allows the detector to sound off on targets when its in the pin pointer's field.

Its something to experience.....standing there sweeping over a good strong target and your detector being totally silent because your pinpointer is pointed at it from three or four feet away.

Good Luck.
HH
Mike
Thanks Mike. How is going?

No matter what pinpointer or detector I’ve used this issue was always a problem to some degree. I bought a set of headphones with a mode toggle switch. Now when I go to pinpoint a target I just flip the headphone switch and the chatter is completely gone. Just flip the switch back when done finding the target

Just flip the switch back when done finding the target
I know from multiple experiences that this is right. I've gone 15 or 20 feet before it dawned on me that the reason I was not finding anything was because the switch was set to mono. :rolleyes: It is much less likely with a noisy detector.