Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointer question

Ronstar

I have a Garrett Propointer AT thats only a year old. Today was my first time being in semi frozen ground. Noticed it doesnt work that well in frozen vs wet vs dry, is this normal! I had coins in the plug (4” square cut plug and 5-6” tall) that it wouldnt sound off on. Put detector over plug and bam there it was. Cut plug in half and it would locate. This happened with both quarters and dimes. Does the frozen moisture in dirt cause the pinpointer to lose sensitivity?

I wish I knew the answer but somebody will!!

I personally haven't experienced that, I am guessing it's more of a coin orientation issue. I have hunted as low as 13 degrees the only thing I noticed is the screen on my detector gets sluggish then I do lol

I have the same pin pointer and have hunted in the teens and had a inch or so of frozen ground and never noticed any problem. The Garrett carrot pin pointer only seems to hit targets within a inch range. My experience anyway. HH jim tn

I switched it to vibrate only mode and I think in the process of doing that I may have set the sensitivity setting down one. I more or less set everything back to factory and then reset to vibrate (or silent). Now back to 2-3” reaction zone so that problem may have been mine......