Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointer question

chef5011

Who is using the Minelab Pro-Find 15 pinpointer , and if you do have you had problems with continuous beeping, or shutting off seconds after switching it on. Got it in a package deal with a new Vanquish. Love the Vanquish but the Pro-Find is driving my nuts.

Who is using the Minelab Pro-Find 15 pinpointer , and if you do have you had problems with continuous beeping, or shutting off seconds after switching it on. Got it in a package deal with a new Vanquish. Love the Vanquish but the Pro-Find is driving my nuts.
I do not have one. I borrowed one once and ought to have buried it in the recovery hole. I would neve buy one. I like my Vanquish 540 Pro Pack unit for certain applications, but I mainly use the Garrett AT ProPointer w/Z-Lynk ability. I have a good detecting buddy who bought a Vanquish to try it out and it came with their Pro-Find pinpointer. It worked terribly and didn't compare well with what he used. He had it exchanged and the replacement was just as bad. He dumped it and also would not want another.

Just two experiences I have had.

Monte

Absolutely agree with Monte, it’s almost impossible to go wrong with the Garrett pinpointers. I use an MI-6 right now with a carrot backup, but the XP’s are expensive. I like that it’s rechargeable and it goes for something like 75 hours, depending on settings.

I have the 2 of the grey Minelab 25 pinpointers and have never had any issue with them. Works great every time. I have two , if anyone is interested. It’s over on the detector accessories forum. HH Tony

How good is it ? Especially on sungram gold ?
Is it better than the carrot ? Love my carrot.
Though have yet to try it on subgram gold.
I'm asking I guess because some people think it's best.
Being a pulse it's deeper than a vlf probe.I run both on lowest sensitivity because at max they'll sound off when I stick it in the hole.I've never used it gold hunting but I think either would be good,especially probing cracks in bedrock etc (build quality on both are excellent)

Being a pulse it's deeper than a vlf probe.I run both on lowest sensitivity because at max they'll sound off when I stick it in the hole.I've never used it gold hunting but I think either would be good,especially probing cracks in bedrock etc (build quality on both are excellent)
Thanks Doug

just bought one, had the same problem.it doesnt hold the battery in tight enough.fold up a little piece of cardboard and put it behind the battery in the screw on battery cap and problem solved .works great,

Had the same issue with the Pro 35. Did a little online diggin and found it was probably the GP battery supplied by Minelab with the unit. So changed it out. Wow works like it should. Why would Minelab do that, supply a pos battery with a good product under warranty. I’m sure they have replaced a. Few units needlessly.
My 2 cents worth.

I put a new duracell in mine and it would shut off if i turned it upsidedown every time,so i thought about it and like i said i folded a little piece of cardboard and placed it behind the battery and it worked perfect after that.Not sure if the battery was a little short or the unit is made wrong