Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointer

rab909693

Newbie here. My question for you guys is this. I am in Scotland by the way. When I sweep over a target it shows anything from 14.41 through to in the 20s. When I put the pinpointed on, the numbers change to 35+. Is this normal and should I miss it out. Have dug these in the past and always end up with iron. Thanks in advance

rab909693 said:
Newbie here. My question for you guys is this. I am in Scotland by the way. When I sweep over a target it shows anything from 14.41 through to in the 20s. When I put the pinpointed on, the numbers change to 35+. Is this normal and should I miss it out. Have dug these in the past and always end up with iron. Thanks in advance

Here is my experience getting readings like you are getting I would expect to find a Copper Penny with Trash close by. In this case most likely a Nail. If you sweep over and are able even just once to get a pretty good close reading say 14-41 then 20-41. There will usually be two targets under your Coil. A Penny under good conditions would rearead 12-41. I would look hard for a Penny here because a 41 would indicate an old pure Copper Penny. The Iron will pull the Ferrous number way down to 20 or sometimes a little lower. That one good 14 Ferrous reading is crying out something good may be here.