Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing and depth in inches...Racer 2

Dan-Pa.

All shallow targets indicate 05 when should indicate 1 or perhaps 2 inches...unit is set for inches....is it me or the unit...has me confused and 25 yrs plus experience with various detectors...if I raise coil will go up 06 to 07 etc but never 04 or 03...a little help appreciated...am I missing something in manual...?

Well, I decided to leave my Makro/Nokta machines set to centimeters, not inches. (I can convert the difference mentally. Good exercise for me.)
And the result is that I see exactly what you see, the minimum depth is always 5.

So I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong, but it sounds like your machine is still set to centimeters, not inches.

Thanks Tom your exactly right...actually thought that myself and erred when tried to change as had cover on and must have not fully depressed the minus button because of plastic cover. This time looked at meter and US came up and back to inches....:cheers:

My Multi Kruzer functions the same way- Minimum depth is always 5" on the stock coil -
So it is what it is. Once you realize that- you are good to go and can concentrate on other things.

Not familiar with Kruzer but check how to change to US....would bet your unit is reading centimeters not inches like my Racer was...easy fix just read manual.

I was able to get out after dinner and used the Multi Kruzer.

At a different site I noted the pin point depth could and would read at 1, 2, 3, 4

So I stand corrected on this