Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing with Explorer II driving me crazy

utahshovelhead said:
Hey mokey,
I used the Ex II for years and know exactly what you are talking about. Lots of good advice in this thread but I have to say that Dewcon's post is dead on for me. I grew up on the rachet pinpoint of the Whites machines and after I switched to the Dark side I loved the Minelabs but had a very hard time with the pinpoint. Over time I got pretty good at pinpointing with the tip of the coil but still missed the ratchet of the Whites I used years ago. As for the depth...No one can tell me that the Ex II will acuratly tell you the depth of a target. My experiance was that I always dug deeper so I would not scratch. Dont get me wrong I loved my Ex II and did fantastic with it. I just learned how to deal with that machine the way I needed to. Once I tried the E trac though that was it ... Very accurate depth and pinpoint. In fact I love that I know how deep an object is before I decide to dig it. That way In some spots I choose to ONLY DIG the targets 6 inches or deeper. Yes , it works great for me. I loved the EX II but my favorite Minlab of all time is my E trac. Now if I could just get more time to use it.

good luck
utahshovelhead

Utah,

The Etrac is that much better eh? I am getting a little better at pinpointing but have a ways to go.