Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing with the new coil.......

Beachcomber

I keep thinking of new things to post :) I really like the new 11" coil for many reasons. First it's little lighter than the previous 10" coils by 4oz. Not much but every little bit helps. It moves through the Surf easily and it not easily deflected or moved by the waves. And last but not least is that it Pinpoints incredibly well. On the Explorer with the stock 10" coil I always had to use the Pinpoint Mode to center up a target. I could never get the hang of doing ti in the Discriminate mode. The Sov on the other hand I can pinpoint accurately in the Discriminate Mode while using a 15" coil. Well whether it's the new coil or the faster electronics of the New E-Trac or a little of both I have found that I can accurately and easily Pinpoint in Discriminate Mode. I don't necessarily recommend this for land hunters but on the beach where a scoop makes a 6" diameter hole it's fine ;) When I first started hunting on Saturday I was using the Pinpoint mode like I always had with the Explorer. After while I noticed that the target seemed to always be right under the center of the coil where I thought it was in Disc Mode so I tried digging where I thought the targets were while in Disc Mode and they were right there. Since then I have been pinpointing in the Disc mode and it has been working out fine. On some fo the really deep targets I thought I was off when I wasn't finding a target by the time I reached the depth I thought the target should have been. So I would double check in Pinpoint Mode. It always confirmed the target was still there and sure enough within the next scoop or two the target would be out of the hole. Just another plus for the E-Trac System.

HH

Beachcomber

Yeah its the coil, same when using on the explorer, but unlike the other coils seems to drop off the edge sooner if moving back to off the edge pinpoint method.. so the center is much hotter for pinpointing thank the other coils... if you x in disc mode at the best reading spot its pretty dead on, also if you use normal pinpoint mode on the etrac you can get a garbage can lid to tune down to dime size too :)