Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing with the SEF 12/10 coil

Jeff63

I have no problem pinpointing with the Pro coil whatsoever. I just got the 12/10 and the first thing I did was to put coins on the ground and tried the same methods and I can see how this coil reacts. The problem is out in the field with multiable targets under the coil it becomes a real pain. Is there any hot spot on the coil that can be used? I have found 2 sofar . I'm about ready to sell this thing, its taking way to much time compared to the Pro and right now I'm not all that impressed with it. Someone please tell me if there is a trick to it.

Are you pinpointing with the pinpoint button? Try the "waggle" technique. It's about all I use now....maybe 95% of the time. My targets are almost always within a softball size hole when I dig. Here's a link to the video in the E-Trac classroom forum.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?71,1442978

Thats the way I pinpoint with the Pro coil, but in the field because of this trashy park I'm hunting I may have 3 or 4 targets under the coil at the sametime. I can tell I have more than one target because of the number I will get trying to separate the targets. 12-46, 22-31, 34-41. When I think I've seperated the right target and dig its one of the junk targets or it will be 4 inches farther down the center strip. This coil is Hot about an 1" down the Front of the center strip and then again about 2" in front of the Shaft Bolt hole going toward the front of the coil. I got a feeling I just can't use it in high trash to get more depth because I run Hot 26 to 29 manual. so I went back to my X5. . I've read the 13 ultimate has good separation and I was hoping the 12-10 would also.

I have a 10X12 SEF, too and I've had pretty good luck doing the waggle with it. My sites might not be as trashy as yours though. I move around the target until I get the strongest signal then when I'm doing the waggle I might not move the coil more than 3/4" back and forth as I pull back. I'm going to eventually get an Ultimate 13, too, but I'll keep the 10X12, as well.