Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinponter:shrug:

ringading

I have pro pin-pointer ,I tested it on some of the thin rings and gold chains that I have found .It worked good on most but on some I had to touch it to them to get any sound at all and then it was scratchy .Is this normal?or is there a way to tune it for fine gold.I am able to pick the fine gold at about thee inches with detector but can not find with pp!

Mine does the same thing. A friend stopped by and he had been out panning and had some gold in a small glass bottle and my pinpointer wouldn't pick it up until it was almost touching it.

i can just give you what i know about them which isn't a lot. i would say they are working the way they should they just have a rudimentary coil inside that works well on coin sized objects. you really don't want more that 3" on a coin because then it wouldn't be a pinpointer. say you had 6" then it would be 6" in front and 6" radius. anyway i believe it is working as it should.

Thanks for the info.it works good 99.9% of the time on coins and most rings and chains ,but some time I will get a signal with the detector and not with pp,I just go back to the old way scoop up a hand full of dirt and pass it in front of coil till I find it.

You can try taping a small coin or foil to the barrel of the pp in a position that just starts to cause the pp to sound of and then back it off very slightly until it is quiet and then try you small gold.

This only works as long as the pp is switched on. After you turn it of you will have to remove the foil and reposition it again after the pp has been turned on each time.

If you switch it on with the foil still in position the pp will detune to the foil and sens will be reduced.

When this happens to me i turn it off and right back on again and it works better, also when in the hole do the same and it will narrow down and go deeper.

When I am having trouble pin pointing a target I take a dime and place it on the barrel of the pro pointer about the on/off switch. I slide the time forward until the unit starts beeping and then back off until it quits. I then test it on the ground where there is no target and if it beeps I back off just a little more. Then I see if I can locate the target. Usually works quite well for me.