Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinppoint batteries 9v

Donut

I see to go threw a few batteries threw the season with my pinpointer. The vibrator motor eats batteries.
At the cost of 5- $8 for a 9V battery’ at a major store it can get expensive.
If you are luck enough to have a DOLLAR TREE store near you they carry Sunbeam brand for $1 each.

Your Friend; Doug

That's why I have a rechargeable pin pointer

Next year I plan on anew pinpointed . What brand is rechargeable.

Mksu , what brand of pinpointer are you using.

I buy 12 count packs of Duracell Procells on Fleabay. Each battery about $1.50. Some of the Dollar type stores do indeed perform. very well for the cost.

Big Tony , most pin pointers use 9v batteries.
So I’m confused on the Panasonic Enveloop unless your pin pointer is using AA or AAA batteries.I don’t think it charges 9v. And the cost to buy the Panasonic I could buy 36 or more 9volts battery

Doug, I bought the package of Eneloop batteries it was about 25.00 at the time. It had several different batteries inside the package.

My Garett uses a 9 v and so does my Minelab . I charge them up and keep spares with me.

No these pin pointers do not have them built in.

Tony NJ

Ok thanks I was wondering what you are doing .

Donut said:
Next year I plan on anew pinpointed . What brand is rechargeable.

Mksu , what brand of pinpointer are you using.
A deus they have the MI-6 which links with the deus you won't need that one unless you have the Deus and they have the MI-4
which is less expensive and does not link with the Deus.
Great pin pointer You can go up 100 hours on a charge depending on setup
Mark

n/t

I also have the Deus MI 4 I been using and I really like this one, but it has different setting that you can do and one time it didn't vibrate as I set it for tones only by accident and being deaf in high tones I couldn't hear it and thought it was broke. The MI 4 is impressive
pin pointer and waterproof and rechargeable so I carry a battery pack for the 800 to recharge the detector, the headphones and the pin pointer if I need to be, but never had to use it yet. No more buying batteries or ruining a good day of detecting.

Rick

Rick(ND) said:
I also have the Deus MI 4 I been using and I really like this one, but it has different setting that you can do and one time it didn't vibrate as I set it for tones only by accident and being deaf in high tones I couldn't hear it and thought it was broke. The MI 4 is impressive
pin pointer and waterproof and rechargeable so I carry a battery pack for the 800 to recharge the detector, the headphones and the pin pointer if I need to be, but never had to use it yet. No more buying batteries or ruining a good day of detecting.
Unless you forget to charge your batteries LOL Its really amazing how dependent we have become on our toys, a few years ago probes were a joke now they are a valuable part of our arsenal.
HH Jeff

Rick

I left my house the other day to go hunt a school and I forgot my pointer! I came back home I have no idea how my father detects without one though I bought him one he's starting to use it this is a guy who's never had a debit or credit card either!
Mark

I use 9v batteries that I get free that are previously used in microphones at church. Even with using batteries that are partially discharged I only wind up using a couple of them a year.