Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pitch Hold or Normal ???

BJ in Okla.

Pitch Hold or normal,, what do you use and why ???
I have always used normal,, but thinking about trying Pitch Hold...
BJ

Search for "pitch hold" in this forum. There's a few that swear by it. I've never been able to make myself use it long enough to learn it. I prefer normal. The only time I can see getting some benefit from it is in mostly clean soil with a few deepies at the fringe of detection.

pitch hold ,can you explain what that is please?

Experimented with just about all of the eTRAC options including pitch hold. :crazy:
Back to normal. :cool:

'If it works, don't fix it'

my understanding is the sound you hear when hitting a target ..continues to hold that pitch ( sound) until you hit another target.

If I remember right the original Sovs all operated in pitch hold...

Pitch hold changes the pitch of you threshold.. So if you miss something you can sill hear the pitch change of the threshold until another target is hit.. I always use long...

I use Normal and always have , just cant understand why Pitch hold exists ! I like the straight forward tones of the Normal sounds.

Thanks Cosmic.:clapping:

Elton said:
my understanding is the sound you hear when hitting a target ..continues to hold that pitch ( sound) until you hit another target.

Elton said:

That's correct Elton except all the Sovs use it, not just the original ones.

For those who haven't used it or don't even know what it does(as some posters have said) you should give it a try, you might like it.

I have always used Normal,, but have read where some like it,,,
But I will have to give it a try....
One thing,, Minelab gave us some different settings to use......
BJ

Normal. Didn't try PH long enough to get used to it. Could figure out how to manage it in trashy areas.
I tend to agree with Phillip NM-
That PH probably works best on deepies in clean areas.

I only use pitch hold. Having a monotone threshold pitch drives me nuts after detecting for awhile. It does take some time to get used to it. Sometimes as I'm swinging, the threshold with suddenly change to a different tone. I've swung back over the area and found targets that were masked by iron.

I think it was well explained, pitch hold drove me crazy. But, it is another tool for us to use. ....which is nice.

opps sorry about that empty box post. lol.

Ill give you an example of when I use pitch hold. Im on a beach where ive hunted before and its pretty picked over. Ill set it to pitch hold and deep and try to find some fringe targets. I know it has worked once for sure on a half dollar way deep and maybe on edge or something but I found it after many had gone over it including myself.

most the time for me. normal.