Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pitch Program works like a charm

martygene

Got out yesterday to 3 farmer fields that aren't seeded yet. I used the pitch program with the 11" LF coil. It is amazing. So stable and quiet. One field was barren but the other 2 were great. 1865 IH, 1905 IH, I think a 1854 Large Cent, 3 pickers tokens from J. Wutz that are thin brass quarter size, a lead bag seal and 2 flat buttons. I'm getting to really like this pitch program. I used my usual settings but instead of full tones i used the pitch. the only thing that i experimented with was discrimination. Seems like lowering it from 10 to around 2 worked better. if Calabash chimes in let me know where you run your disc.

Great finds thanks for sharing, I totally agree the pitch program is a great option. I'm using it at the moment with the HF round coil on 28khz.

I run the pitch tone as high as it will go. 600 or something like that. I run the disc at 10 on the HF coil and really like it there. I might try lowering it some and see what happens. I run my iron vol on 1.
I love the pitch and use it on all my iron sites. BTW 28 kh and 54 smoke in the iron......

Congrats on the great finds and thanks for the info. on the Pitch Program !

I read somewhere that the Pitch program is a great tool for locating a recently lost ring. Not sure who to give credit to, but this is what I read: In the Pitch mode, "the detectors audio response to any target good or bad varies in both amplitude (volume) and tone pitch (audio frequency) and not by target conductivity. A smaller or deeper target will have weaker volume and lower pitch. A lost ring still above the ground will have a louder volume and higher pitch".