Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pittsburgh trolley or train part?

GoVidGo

I was detecting in a Pittsburgh park, almost downtown in the main city, which runs along an old, and still used, train track. There were also trolleys that ran through Pittsburgh.

I found this bent plate. It might have got hit by a lawnmower or who knows(?)

The plate has street names under each of the slot openings. Different ones on both sides. Down the side of each plate is also stamped 'S O & C 1174'. I tried to get some good pictures as well as one next to a tape measure so you can get an idea of the size.

Could this be off a trolley and have anything to do with the stops and streets? part of the controls? maybe a display? Could it be off a train?

Thanks for the help, in advance!

Info below is about a company in Ansonia, Connecticut. Perhaps the wrong company but the only one with the same initials I could find.

This is a little info about the S.O. & C company.
In 1882, as an offshoot
of the above named company, there was incorpor-
ated the S. O. & C. Co., which has since been en-
gaged in manufacturing eyelets and eyeleting ma-
chinery, and also metal goods.

SOURCE
It is a very large page and you will need to use the 'find' feature(Ctrl+F) in your browser to search for S. O. & C. Co, there are several other references to the company too. It's possible that this is a different company than S. O. & C on your item.

Another SOURCE mentions this of the company....
SO&C (Schneller, Osborne & Cheeseman Co.), a brass trimmings company.

Portrayal of the company....
http://www.wquercus.com/acadie/images/SOC.jpg

Good luck with the ID, I can't think of anything it could be for any practical use.