Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

place to hunt in s.e. pennsylvania help..

ducks

new to the area, thinking of looking close to brandywine battle field. but not on it. maybe along some creeks, and fields? any suggestions.

ha jt i do alot of hunting along the del. river in pike & monroe countys in the poconos. that is with a gun, and i can say ther is alot of old camp sites, write on the river. on rt.209 all game lands on the river side, so its open for all. + knowone will be there in the summer, because theres no hunting in summer. ps. watch the bears.....

Cool i live just off of rt209 about 15 mins from the GAP.....
Yea a old campsite would be great,,,,Just drive on rt209 and just look for old campsites,,,thanksJt

HI
IM NEW TO THIS FORUM. AND I LVE IN NJ. NOT TO FAR FROM P.A . I WAS TOLD THAT YOU CAN'T USES A METALE DETECTOR ON EATHER SIDE OF THE RIVER,IS THAT TRUE OR NOT? I NO THAT EACH STATE HAS THEIR OWN RULE ABOUT THINGS.I WAS TOLD THIS FROM A FORIST RANGER AT WORTHINGTONES STATE FORIST,ON THE NJ SIDE.HE TOLD ME HE LIVE'S IN P.A .

PRISCILLA

I think he does not know what he is talking about,,,unlesss you are fishing lol then yea will have a problem,,,metal detecting?Not enough of us for them to have RULES like Fishing.JT

YA camp sites!! if you live before digmans ferry,.. you would no that on the river side, and i mean write up to the river, and follow it down, 1-2 miles walking that is. you will find plenty of sites.

well, i no that all along the delaware is off limets to people doing metal detacting,some places are privetly owned . by clubs or just people. i do not no any thing about the laws in pa.i tryed to get premission,to hunt a park in stroudsburg, but they told me no. i do not no about the game land? i just got in to this hobby!

priscilla sarry jt!

I would think that there should be no problems unless you run into a game warden,and whats the chances of that?I am sure he cannot take your metal detector away.I know there are Game wardens on boats in the GAP looking for people Fishing but what are they going to do?JT

JT

THE GAME WORDEN COULD REPROT PEOPLE ! BUT IF YOU WHERE HUNTING ON SOME ONE'S LAND THATS BUY THE RIVER, THAN I CAN'T SEE THEM SAYING ANY THING. IM WHANDERING IF, THE GAME WORDEN WORKS WITH THE STATE FOREST, THEY SHOULD?
IM GOING TO TRY TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT IT. BECOUSE I DO NOT WHAN'T TO HAVE MY DETACTOR, TAKEN AWAY FROM ME.

PRISCILLA

Well years ago I was fishing on the NJ side of the Delaware Gap and one of the local Game wardens was patroling the river yelled over to us if we had permits.I am wondering do they have the power of NJ and Pa(both sides of the river}???
Its amazing that its going to be very hard finding a place to detect?
I am going to see if its against the law to detect on game land.Its not like I am hunting deer or fishing.Maybe i can buy a permit...JT

The really sad part is they can and do take metal detectors away, trucks, anything that can be seized. There is a lot of stress about finding relics and now include coins, jewelry, and just about anything with the antiquity legislation over the last few years.

I have asked for permission at places here in Oklahoma and been given th left foot of fellowship real quick. In the late sixties we could use one just about anywhere but now it is a must to get permission. Anyhow, they do take detectors and other equipment and have some pretty hefty fines from what is being reported on some of the forums.

I make it a policy to always have permission........I even ask my wife if it is ok to hunt on our own land just to have someone to blame if I am breaking the law on my property. Seriously though, they even come private property if it has a historical significance and want what you find or go so far as not detecting with so many hundred feet of a historical site.

The key for now is to get permission.

Theres nobody around to get permision in the Delaware gap area.....
Just hundreds of miles of rivers...I am going to call the PA Game commision to see if I need a permit or are detectors not allowed tomorrow...JT

(6) Remove or attempt to remove any manmade or natural object except wildlife and fish lawfully taken. Objects which may not be removed include animals, rocks, minerals, sand and historical or archaeological artifacts.

This is in the Pa. Game Commission rules which you can find on there web site. As you can see they can fine you if you remove any manmade object, which pretty much covers everything we would be digging. I have contacted the game commission in the past and,in my area anyhow, I was told that detecting was not allowed. I really wish it were different as there are a lot of old homesites on the gamelands around here. The thing that sucks about rules like this is that it's so vague. The way they have it written it appears that you could be fined even if you were picking up litter on gamelands, as litter is definetly manmade.

Ok i just called The Pa Game Land Commision and they told me that you can detect on gameland but you cannot remove anything????
I told the lady that what happens if I am fishing and don't have a permit but have not caught any fish that would be the same thing...
She said you are right but why would you Fish or detect if you are not looking to digup something...
They can take your detector and fine you if they see that you have dug up things..
The Water Gap is not part of the Pa Game Commision...
Now about the Delaware Water Gap
The National Recreation (National Parks Servive}
I called them up and they run the area of the Delaware Water Gap.And they told me that both sides of New Jersey and Pa are Federal Land and cannot be detected on at all,Any federal Land cannot be detected on and some beachs...

Dammmmmm its getting harder to find places to detect at?
And I would not take a chance because I don't feel like having my metal detector taken away....I thought maybe now and then i can detect but I think its not worth it in the Delaware River area...JT

hi jt

than why let you detact in the first place! if their going to have crazy laws like that.

priscilla

HI jt

than why let you detact in the first place! if their going to have crazy laws like that.

priscilla:shrug: