Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

place to hunt in s.e. pennsylvania help..

Thats what I said to the lady at the Pa games commision.....
Its just like fishing if you don't catch anything why would you need a permit?
thats what she said why would you be on state land if you and not digging anything with a detector?
but they cannot do anything unless you have dug something..
Does not make any sense at allllllll....
I know the dealaware water Gap is off limits because thats Federal parks..And don't need my detector taken away......JT

I am glad I called everyone,and now i know i cannot use the detector anywhere near the water gap.Now i will need to look for old schools,Parks and old beaches in the poconos....I know sometimes when they drain the beaches in the poconos thats when you will find many things like rings(lots of jewish women have lost many rings lol}Someone told me that Brady lake would have been a good spot,wondering if anyone found anything there????JT

HI

I whan'ted to do some treasure hunting in pa.i do not no any thing about brady lake,in fact i never heard of it. i no where the poconos,are but have never tryed to do any hunting up there.

priscilla

Brady lake was drained,,,,,,,,,Still don't know if its still has no water in it.
Its was pretty big lake the people used to swim at in the Poconos area.....JT

WOW !

I dident' no that they drained it. you whould have to ckeck it out to see if you can hunt their!

priscilla

It is Ironic that people with dirt bikes and ATV's can demolish & vandalize public sites with no problems, but if you are caught with a metal detector removing artifacts it it unlawful.

HI

Good ideal. you mite even met some one their,that mite no some thing about it. you never now!

priscilla

I was talking to someone about a half year before the "No digging on State Game Lands" became law. He worked for the game commission and even he would be unable to dig on the land that he worked for. It doesn't make sense not to be able to bring relics home and preserve them. Now they will stay buried for years to come and slowly rust away to nothing.

Yep ATVs Motor bikes among many other things that are messing up the land....
Why Blame a guy that wants to metal detect?
As long as he does not bring in a tractor to dig holes....JT

HI
Some people think that your going to bring in some thing big to dig with. I had a lovly conversation with a lady about yousing a metal detector in one of my county towns where i live. And this lady thought she now what metal detcting was.to mack a long story short,she did not now what it was,and thought that i was going to bring in some hug metal detector machinein to the park. lol.
I almost fanted. how can you work in a micaple biulding and not now the rules laws and what metal detecting is.

crazy! crazy ! people !

The best thing to do is check the Pa.laws.You may have to do some research under the Pa dcnr.That is the Dept.of Conservation and Natural Resources.The State permits metal detecting in public land but these appointed forms of government sometimes think they are also lawmakers.You Should contact the elected politicians that sit on these boards and put them to task as to why the game commission can put these rules in.When you look at most of the game lands (which we pay for with our license Fees) in Pa it is mostly strip mined out and soil moved.Isn't it odd they want your S.S. number to get a hunting license to search for dead beat dads and tell you can't detect on your own land.Best thing to do is contact your elected officials and make them find out for you if these are rules or laws.

Well off of the Gap is Federal land........I called a guy that sells detectors in the area and he said you cannot detect in those areas...
I am sure years ago this was a great hobby,but now they are starting to have laws on detectors.
I am sure that there are not as many people useing detectors as they think there are?JT

HI

Theirs no one that, i no in my town that you's metal detectors. evry ones all for sports there.

priscilla