Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Places to detect?

Goldstrike

Things are definitely quiet as far as people reporting their finds IF they are finding anything!!! I, along with a friend did strike gold recently with numerous coins and 2 gold rings at a 'permission to dig' home site but since we cleaned that place out, it sure is quiet again. Winter months around the U.S. are normally quiet at this time of the year and with the weather being what it is, but here on the West coast in Southern California, it has been warm to hot!
I should try the beach again but it's still the wrong time of the year with it being too cold for bathers. It's typically at least 15 to 20F or more lower than inland temps with usually overcast and breezy conditions. Also it is still being hammered hard by numerous guy's and gals. On the brighter side, Spring is just around the corner though and people will be getting out and about more. Then there is Summer where for metal detectorist's, things really get jumping and great finds are to be had again.
What is everyone up to lately?
P.s. I repair antique clocks for a paying hobby when I don't do metal detecting so it's all good! Below is a movement off a German wall clock I recently repaired.

GS, I've been too busy with work to get out much,but plan to this weekend. Looks like a wonderful hobby you have there. You must have developed tremendous patience and discipline to succeed at it and it shows, because of the great finds you've had in SoCal. Keep up the good work. HH

Here in Maine we are snowed in agane and it looks like another Northeaster for next week! :sadwalk: