Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Planning trip...

Gold Digger

Planning trip to Rich Hill for AZO outing in Feb. taking xtera 70 I've had the 70 for just under a year' never been prospecting,but think It will be a neat experience. Hopefully a productive one. the cost of admission is affordable (it's free) Expect to meet a lot of new friends and get some good info on prospecting.) Gold Digger

Of course, just being in Arizona during part of the winter is "lucky" enough. Enjoy the trip and learn all you can about prospecting. Consider those gold nuggets, when you find them, just icing on the cake! HH Randy

Rich Hill is high on our list of places to visit. My wife (shedigger) and I are trying for an AZ trip this coming spring. We'd love to hear how the X-Terra does for you as a prospecting machine! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Digger you will meet a load of good people and Chris has lined up some very good speakers...contact the Weaver Mining District and join, they have accessible claims and the fee is only 35-40 bucks a year....go slow, swing low and be careful how much discrimination you use...also, don't be afraid to lower the sensitivity...

Fred

http://home.att.net/~desert-gold-diggers/gold/azclubs.htm

Congress

* Weaver Mining District (2/4/04)
2200 North Hwy 89, Congress, AZ (in the Arrowhead complex, just north of the junction of Hwys 71 and 89)
Mail: P.O. Box 955, Congress, AZ 85332
The Weaver Mining District is a non-profit club with yearly dues of $25 per family. They have approximately 1700 acres of mining claims in the old Weaver Mining District near Stanton, Arizona. The name is that of the original mining district from the territorial days. The group was formed in 1993. No e-mail or web site at this time. Les has a display of gold from the area and also items for sale, including meteorite books.

Hope this helps!!

P.S. IF you are from a northern cold climate you may want to look at scouting out buying (vacant) land-property and moving there. The north part of AZ is not as hot in the summer time. Of course you can always easily live in an RV there year around!!! (As long as you have medical insurance you are all set.)

Thanks for the info. I've never been there or done that ,but if things go good there might be another trip later on in the year. I've a fairly decent job,and three weeks of paid vacation each year!!! Talking my detector friend into going with me it is appx 25 hr. drive from Evansville,In. And he will end up doing a lot of the driving. Any and all info welcome. Gold digger

hi digger iam also planning a trip to arizona in march. you can find a lot of information at arizona gold and metal detecting. web site. have a fun trip and let us know how you did. PS get back in the hills where most people dont have the time to go. good luck frank barnett. phone 269-561-5082

"arizona gold and metal detecting. web site."

I can't find that web site, where is it?? Thanks.