Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Platinum ring find

I was very suprised the other day with my CTX hitting on a 12.04 signal. Digging a nice womens engagement ring. Later thinking it was gold the local jeweler informed me it was platinum. I had no idea this was the same conductivity as gold!

Attachments

• thumbnail_20201106_171226.jpg
    thumbnail_20201106_171226.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 184
I wish that the price of platinum was not down a few hundred dollars an ounce. I found a beautiful hand carved platinum 9.9 gram ring that had a msrp of 4500. It is worth less than 300 in scrap. Platinum is still a nice find. Congrats.

Trying new settings as recommended in Andys Sabisch CTX book, I wanted to get out the other day. Only had 45 minutes before dark. Hunted the same area ive hunted for years (as we as everyone else with a detector), Not sure what I did different other than the settings (changed auto to manual), and slowed way down. Came up with a strong 12.45 thinking another quarter, but stronger and over a rocky area where the CTX coil with no way flat. I counted 150 coins and lost tract of the trash dug between the platinum diamond ring and this silver ring. If its a strong, crisp visual target, I am digging it!

Attachments

• Ring1.jpg
    Ring1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 177