Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Platinum Ring Return came with a Reward

Buried Crap NJ

Informational post. Over 40 years ago I realized that at some point I would have to make a decision as to keep an item or attempt a return. Right then I made the decision too make a reasonable effort to find owners of lost items that were easily identified.
I wasn't going to make a detective game of it but search lost found ads, now craigs list and forum boards of the same. If a reward was to be offered I would accept it. Many great moments I have had putting that ring in the depositors hand.
Late last week I recovered a lost wedding band that went missing 5 days earlier in the ocean. Today I experienced another great feeling. I met with the depositor to make the return.
I showed him the ring and he slipped it on his finger and handed me the reward. He told me you don't know how much this means to me. He then went on the tell me the ring was insured and he had to canceled the claimed because the ring was found.
He said a replacement ring would never have meant the same to him. That's the real point here he was able to replace the ring but the original meant so much more. Keep this in mind when you see a reward even if its not as much as scrap.
And he was more than happy to give me the reward.
BCNJ

Good story great ending....

Cliff

Wow.... Nice BCNJ.... Very nice.....

CZconnoisseur said:
Wow that covers a significant portion of the cost of a CTX 3030!!! Great job!
The 3030 paid for itself almost in the first year! But this goes in the jar for the next item!
BCNJ