Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Playing in the trash

Sailorman

I mean a lot of trash!

After finding a 1917 Penny at this site previously Mary and I decided to start pulling some of the nails and trash off the top layers of soil near the entrance to see what we could find mixed in or below the heavy trash.

Made a some finds and then went to an old park nearby for a few minutes and did some more there, similar tactics. TTF with an X-5 coil in the junk with my Etrac. With some of the dates we've pulled there just has to be silver hiding under that masking layer of iron and aluminum unless it's sunk out of range in the sand. We only worked a small 10' x 5' area! I envy you guys who have access to sites with easier hunting! Around here the old sites are trashed to no end. This house is over 90 years old and in a bad urban neighborhood. Get in early, leave by mid day, crack house just 50 yards away. Almost a solid layer of modern junk on a layer of old roofing nails but we're trying to keep going on it! Indeed as you pull the junk off the upper layers a few good things appear.

Finds today:

18 pennies, 3 wheaties a 1945 S and two 1953 D
3 dimes all clad
2 Qtrs, clad
a key
Base metal earing with clasp
Base metal ring
Base metal bracelet, rather bent up
Lots of trash!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/elcruisr/IMG_20120922_165055_zps197431a9.jpg

Wow now that is serious dedication! My hat is off to you for your efforts. I wish you luck on getting some goodies there

I do not show my Trash

You are Courageous but there are areas like that in my region also and i would imagine in many Forum members

Thankfully there are also lovely parks and each area i detect at has it's own challenges

But Good Effort and Nice Finds:thumbup: