Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Playing Tones

gabbyhayes

I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious, but I can't ever get the 3030 to play tones when I'm making changes in the tone ID profiles as per page 45 in the manual.
I just want to be able to hear the difference in the frequency if/when I make a change.
It is always greyed out and the "play tone" option never works.

MINELABBOB said:
GABBY
are you hooked up to X-2 makes life eazy??

I do use exchange, but I'm at the lake without my laptop.
I figured out what's going on.
The manual says you must use the speaker.
What it doesn't say is that the wireless must be disabled.
Having the WM10 turned off is not enough. A person must also disable the wireless in the options.

gabbyhayes said:
The manual says you must use the speaker.
What it doesn't say is that the wireless must be disabled.

[attachment 316254 playingtones.jpg]

[attachment 316255 WM10disabled.jpg]

Ya the manual finally mentioned the fact in a side bar about 16 pages later.
I haven't been a big fan of their manual.
It often states the obvious, and then a little shy on substance.
They are not alone with this.....I suspect that most manuals today are often written by people that have no idea of what the equipment does.

you know there is lots of things i forget because i dont use it every day and haveing a ctx that does so much it can happen to any one
4 -me it is computer not to good yet still learning x-2 and computer at the same time makes me CRAZY!!!!!!!!! but i am comming along
now. but the X-2 makes life so much eazyer now i cant live with out i change modes around alot so it helps

have a good 1 GABBY

YA GABBY
you need to keep your coins open even if in iron areas try to stay clear of the areas that have iron. how close are your FE-CO-NO# coin and nails
maybe we can come up with a pattern 4 you i will look i think i have seen one 4 your area but 4 now give me your quarters no# and dime no#
to start with and i will gET the best pattern 4 you

e-mail me or post i am sure all of us on the FORUM WILL HELP

take care GABBY

Somebody did develop a Canadian coin program and here is the link to it.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?87,2060268

I usually run an even more open disc pattern, cause I've found that with all the differences in our coins over the years, I believe I was missing some.

I didn't buy the 3030 to hunt clad but the $1.00 & $2.00 are very nice to find. In fact about 1 month ago I found a coin spill that was almost all $1&$2's and the total came to $28 I think!
I believe I've uploaded a pic of a doc that shows the composition of our coins but I can't do a search on my phone to find it as the connection always times out.

I guess one of my questions is whether GC or FC will help or hurt my situation????

Thanx for giving this your consideration.

HI GABBY
what i would do is set up 2 modes disk.pattern about the same and put FC. in one and GC. in the other and play around 4 a while and see if one hits
better than the other. if FC SEEMS TO HIT GOOD THIS WILL BE YOUR NO# 1 MODE YOUR DOUBLE CHECK MODE NO#2 MODE GC.
dont forget to noise cancle first and run in auto+ to see how your ground is if your running a steady 23-17 in auto you should be able to go manual
23-25 but if you are haveing alote of bouncing and falseing you neen to run down in power alittle or back in auto+
go 20 yards in FC. and turn around and come back in GC. and see if you pick out a target. this also will tell you what your ground likes

let me know what happends!!!!!!!!!!

gabbyhayes said:
I guess one of my questions is whether GC or FC will help or hurt my situation????

Hi Gabby,

It's not perfect, but I've found that Ferrous-Coin is the best of all the modes at identifying our steel coins while still allowing you to reject nails, etc. I can send you the .mlf file if you like, but the main things are:
  • Target Separation: Ferrous-Coin
  • Response: Long
  • Pintpoint type: sizing
  • Recovery Fast
  • Tone ID: 50CO
  • Discrimination: generally open except for lower-right corner (for example, 5x5 cell block)

Discriminating the lower-right corner will get rid of most nails.

In ferrous-coin, the FE number for most objects of interest will be 11-13.

When you go over a steel coin, the CO number will be in the 15-20 range, and there will be another target in the lower-right corner. Even though that region is discriminated out, you will still get audio because of the first target in the 15-20CO range.

When you pinpoint, the resulting target will typically create a 'smear' from about 15CO to 25 or 30CO. The smear will be fairly narrow, usually still in the 11-13FE range.

The above seems to work a bit better with the 6" coil rather than the stock 11". I'm not sure why.

Also when pinpointing a steel coin, you may find the target sounds off on the edges of the coil but nulls in the center, unlike silver coins. I thus use the edge of the coil in pinpoint mode when deciding where to dig.

Other tone ID profiles will work, too, but I seem to get audio more reliably in 50CO than in, say, Combined.

In Ferrous-Coin, our older nickel coinage typically reads from 30-35CO. Silver still reads up in 42-45, as it does in most modes.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions about any of this.

-Ken

GABBY
we got them working OVERTIME 4-U
we have a good bunch of guys and gals here we will get you rolling along and finding many $$$$$$$$

keep the questions comming

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND

Thanx for the info!
I hope to try some of of these ideas this weekend.

Finally got to try your program, and I have found canadian clad so yes it is working great.
Still lots to learn with the 3030, but I'm hoping to be able to spend some extra time doing just that in the next two weeks.
I'm a tech nut so I'm not giving up.....its also good for the mind....learning a new language at my age is great mental exercise!!!
Found several older canadian coins from the 40's at the lake I'm at, and there was no mistaking them!!!
The older coins were a real surprise cause I think this beach gets hit pretty hard.

The one feature that I really like is the GPS. I like coming back home or to camp and checking out how crooked I walk swinging!!! :detecting:
This is the one feature that is encouraging me to learn the VDI's or whatever Minelab calls them.
If it wasn't for this I would have been tempted to stay with what I know well.
The CTX3030 is a great detector but the GPS makes it unique. I also like the fact that I can place findpoints, so I can check for patterns once I'm back.