Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Please explain the difference in performance between the Safari and E-Trac

Treasurechic

I own a Safari and am considering upgrading to an E-Trac ( layaway over winter) I have heard that recovery speed is better with the E-Trac, but what other advantages does it have? and is it much more complicated to adjust to? I really need to know that it would be worth the upgrade so any input would be appreciated.

Try and get Andy Sabicsh's Explorer and E-Trac book. No you should not have any problem moving up to the E-Trac. The E-Trac gives you many options to choose from as far as search modes go. It comes with 10 pre-programed discrimination patterns( all metal, coins, jewellery, foil, pull-tabs, crown caps, screw caps nails, iron, and ferrous coins along with quick mask all which are just a push button away 6 user modes and 4 blank mode screens that you can create to your liking.) You may also like going from auto-sensitivity to manual just by pushing a button. I had a Safari and sold it but I kept my E-Trac for a back-up to my CTX 3030. If you get an E-Trac be on the lookout for a small coil. The Sun-Ray X-5 works very well as does the 6X8 SEF although I don't consider the 6X8 a small coil. You will not be disappointed with the E-Trac. If you lived close you could try mine to be sure you liked it. If there is a club near you maybe someone would let you test drive one. All FBS machines are deep but you get a lot more target information with the E-Trac than with your Safari. Those are just a few things the E-Trac offers but there are many more. Good luck and HH :minelab:

I have a Safari and upgraded to the E-Trac. The reason I did was for 2 Tone Ferrous. The Safari nulled out in iron so bad it is useless. While it is noisy it will pull coins out of places the Safari just can't see. I still use my Safari in parks with good ground. Just last month I have gone back over areas with high iron content that I have hunted with the Safari and pulled 5 silver coins that I know I went over with the Safari. In every case there was a nail right next to the coin yet I was able to get a repeatable high tone. I use a X8 Sunray coil right now but will be getting a 5" soon to really get into the tight spots. You can't go wrong on the upgrade. JR

I agree with clad2, I came from the Safari to the Etrac and when hunting in a iron infested site, The 2 tone Ferrous is the ticket to more finds.

I used Safari but sold it and got ETrac because Etrac is more accurate on whats below the ground. I found more nickels than pull tabs on Etrac while I found more pull tabs than nickels on Safari. Both machine seem to be good on depth but Etrac have more id targets than safari.