Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Please help

John D.

Hello Everyone,
I have two hobbies which a GPS would be very helpful; and since I know very little about GPS I am turning to you for help. I enjoy touring back roads on my Gold Wing motorcycle and I am also a metal detector enthusiast. Is there a GPS that will be both a road map and a wilderness guide? Thank you in advance for your help.
Your Friend,
John D.

I suggest that you check Garmin 60Csx or 60Cx
They have new generation SIRF receivers so, their GPS performance is very good. Their screens are well visible even in sunlight and they feature all of the important functions for off road navigation as well as automatic routing for on the road travel. There are very good Ram mounts available for these so, you can easily mount it on your bike.
If these are too expensive, you may look at any Garmin Vista "H" series - they also have auto routing and new GPS receivers but, their screens are smaller so, not as easy to read when on the bike.
Note that when you are buying any of the above, you will also need to buy detailed maps for them - the included base map is not very detailed.

HTH