Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PLease IM me about weather or not the V3 is worth it

I hunt inland for coinds in the woods and in parks. I have an SE pro that I will sell and have done really well with it but have always been a huge White's fan.
Thank You.

That is a close call that only you can make, my friend. I hunt with both machines so I feel qualified to respond......... For just coin hunting in the woods, either machine is pretty much a draw IMHO. For many of us there is a lot more to treasure hunting than coin hunting in the woods and parks, that is where the colors of the Spectrum V3 really shine.

Besides being a Whites fan, what do you hope the V can do that your SE can't do for you? I like my V and it suits me. PM me and I will give you a link to a guy who is comparing his Etrac and V. His is an honest report and he likes them both.

Hey Rob, please send me that link too, I think I know who your talking about. I have been detecting for 23 years and the V3 is the best detector I've ever had, I love it! But you guys already know that.:detecting:

I can't send links to other forums on this site or in a PM. I need an email address. His name is Detector or Southwind.

Why cant you PM it ? I thought it was just you could not post a Addy of other sites. Larry? Yazoo

The PM system automatically edits links and referances to other forums.

Well, I like the White's Chassis and over all style and design. I have or have owned an Xlt an Dfx and a IDX Mods. White's customer service is great and that is a huge plus, On the other hand the DFX I owned wouldn't go deep, as a matter of fact my IDX could beat it and was more reliable. Now the SE pro is over hyped and I distrust ML's FBS technology in general.
But find per find it has produced greatly this year and I only bought the SE until I could fund a V3. Now the V3 is here, but I'm on the fence due to the lack of information that's out there About it's over all performance. I like to look for rings as well and the SE it not the machine for that. If the V3 has punch I will get one no doubt. It gets boring staring at a black and white screen with only a couple dozen user options. Thank You All.

What you sound to be after is a matter of ground along with settings.I have a dfx that I have gotten 11-14 inches many times. The DFX had a language of its own that had to be interpreted.My V3 is hitting 14 inches or so at this point for coins and I am still learning it. And most of the time when it locks on you know it by sound or VDI. Most of this was acheived in a type of mixed mode single freq. program on both machines and in cleaner ground using a 10x14 excellerator coil.So If you want deep and gold the v3 is a good,very good prospect. Just gotta put in the time and learn what it can do . I still am and loving it . Good luck Yazoo

Quote; It gets boring staring at a black and white screen with only a couple dozen user options.
If you like pretty colors and love to tweak a machine that has endless combinations and variables you will be thrilled with the V.On the other hand if your main goal is to find old deep coins in varied hunting sites with out wasting much time playing with your settings the Explorer or E-Trac would be fine.

Quote; I distrust ML's FBS technology in general.Perhaps you could elaborate a bit ? On second thought never mind as this is the V forum and not the place for such a discussion.

As far as the SE Pro being over hyped.I think all new top end machines are over hyped,it is part of advertising and marketing in these tough times.Results in the field is all that really counts when it is all said and done and the FBS technology has proven what it is capable of beyond question for a number of years now.

The bottom line is use what works for you as an individual and instills confidence in your mind and heart.If you spend much time using any machine you do not trust you are just souring what should be a sweet and rewarding experience.

You will get a lot of different opinions on SE verses V but the only way to be sure is to get one and give it a real workout at your sites with your style of hunting.Good luck in your quest,Ray.

Larry has it nailed. Both detectors are fantastic machines very capable of the same incredible feats, each with its own strong points limited ONLY by the user.

I've owned the SE and while it is also a great detector I don't feel it has the same ability of the E-Trac or V3. I've taken both the E-Trac and the V3 to the same small location, I cleaned with the SE, and pulled an amazing number of very deep coins. Now had I just pulled a few missed coins I'd be reluctant to say it was due to a better detector, but I've pulled many coins in a very small area that can only be attributed to better technology. To a point where I find myself consistently saying HOLY COW that is amazing. I've been swing a detector for 30 years so it takes quite a bit to get an amazing response out of me for any detector.

I did the same head to head between the DFX and SE 6 years ago. While the SE had a slight advantage in depth on high conductive targets, it was the DFX's great versatility that won my favor. The V3 simply smokes the DFX in the depth department and has even more versatility.

Southwind, god to see your post. Rob

Gotta tell ya....saying that the enjoyment of the nice screen and interface is where the V shines is like saying an Aston Martin is a beautiful car! I've heard interlopers here say that the new machine is all for playing with controls and it has an endless learning curve? I hardly have to mess with controls any more...this machine's initial learning curve is not hard and once you have stuff adjusted to your typical ground, you aren't course adjusting any more for depth and stability,but jumping to programs for a change using the same set of adjustments you'd use no matter what brand you are running (AND...still have the eye candy,interface and Whites quality.) I'm not even going to say that I've gotten to be all knowing on this box but it is the machine for me. Set the thing up for jewelry....it spanks it out fast and accurate. Set it up for deep and slow....dependable and extremely predictable. Turn it into a high trash,ultra fast response coin gitter...whatever... this machine stays fresh and new to you for a long,long,long time BECAUSE of the adjustability,shear processing power and speed.

I've been on these forums for a while, have a frequent look in on most forums and can most assuredly say that detector choice runs a distant second to a user's skills and length of time one uses their machine. If you think that a pleasing screen and interface is important to you, enjoy pesonalized growth, and love to have huge diversity within two to three clicks and a trigger pull...you will absolutely love this box. Things are always easy when you enjoy the process.

An interesting question that will be debated for as long as there are two treasure hunters left on this world.

Both are top of the line detectors and both have strengths and weaknesses.
It would make sense to a serious treasure hunter to have both machines at his disposal.
The the real cost of a detector is hard to calculate as it depends a lot of your abaility to use it and the time you spend using it.
Dont think of it as a cost ... think of it as an investment.
After all ... what other recreational hobby puts money back into your pocket?

That is what I have been doing for the past year Willee, but the more I learn about the V3, the less use I have for the SE Pro.

>>the real cost of a detector<<

The REAL cost is when we don't use the detector!

When I kept tabs on my finds...I was at about $450.00 a year in just clad coins. And that was only for going out Sat. and Sun. AM for 2 or 3 hours each day. We have members in our club that pull in over $100.00 a Month in clad. It don't take long to pay off that detector at that rate;-)

My March 2008 display:
MVC-850S.jpg

My June 2008 display:
MVC-627S.jpg

Jerry

Nice finds Jerry, now lets see all that gold youve hidden away! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: