Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Please list your favorite detector of all times

There was way more to the Xterra especially the Xterra 705 than met your eye it was just a great all around detector with a true prospecting mode just a fantastic detector all together, once someone took the time to learn all of its capabilities, and trust me there was a lot to learn on the Xterra 705

not sure if it is still up or not, but if you are into reading, if you can find it there is a book written by a gentleman by the name of Randy Horton he went by Digger on the forums

the book was called understanding your Xterra it was geared towards all the Xterra Detectors not just one of them
I knew it had alot of potential, i just didn’t have the patience for it at the time.i liked just about everything about it, nice and light but there was just one thing I noticed right away I wasn’t thrilled about and as time went by i noticed others had issues with the screen. I didn’t have it long enough but thought the plastic on the buttons and screen looked like it wouldn’t last long and definitely needed a screen protector.
Not sure how your screen and buttons held up if you still have it.

I knew it had alot of potential, i just didn’t have the patience for it at the time.i liked just about everything about it, nice and light but there was just one thing I noticed right away I wasn’t thrilled about and as time went by i noticed others had issues with the screen. I didn’t have it long enough but thought the plastic on the buttons and screen looked like it wouldn’t last long and definitely needed a screen protector.
Not sure how your screen and buttons held up if you still have it.
I have had my Xterra 705 since 2009 purchased it used and the screen and buttons are not showing much ware it has held up well and had it not been for the age of it I would have never, went to a different detector at all

I have had my Xterra 705 since 2009 purchased it used and the screen and buttons are not showing much ware it has held up well and had it not been for the age of it I would have never, went to a different detector at all
The xterra was really one of the first of what new detectors design look like now.
Like a Anderson shaft with a small light control box mounted on top of the handle.
The sleek design and lightness is what originally attracted me to it. There was also Fisher and Technetics around then that had something similar.
Before that was the big box on the bottom of the shaft like the sovereign or a White’s and 8 AA batteries that made them heavy and unbalanced.
I really liked Tesoro’s newer design with a small box and a 9volt. They put out alot of power for a small device, wish they were waterproof.

Any CZ, but I like the 70 Pro most. Will never sell my Mk-1 though. It will do better in very high trash. (Wish I had my Compass X-100 back too.)
Funny with the latest and greatest we still like certain older models, some of which were not even popular. And some just want the latest and greatest. New features doesn’t always equal fun.
I would rather be driving around in a 67 mercury cougar xr7

Funny with the latest and greatest we still like certain older models, some of which were not even popular. And some just want the latest and greatest. New features doesn’t always equal fun.
I would rather be driving around in a 67 mercury cougar xr7
A '65 Sport Fury or a '60's or very early '70's Roadrunner (with a 426 Hemi at 425 horses and 490 lb⋅ft of torque): they could haul my heavy X-100 and even heavier PPD1 PI around that used 8 D cell batteries.:D

I wouldn't be able to pick just one but if I could have one back it would probably be the Nokta Fors Core. It was a butt kicker. Powerful, fast, and easy to set up. It just felt smooth swinging and was pretty unique looking too. I thought the design looked high dollar.

Explorer XS

Tesoro Tol-Tec 100...Bought it way back when Jack Gifford would answer the phone at Tesoro Electronics! Buddy of mine is still using it today!