Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pocket find today,,

hawgdawg

Got a question for you folks ,, I was looking thru my change when I got home tonight. I always look at my dirtier , older looking coins just to see if I get lucky with a silver , or wheat cent. Well ,, I happened to push a new looking shiny zinc cent to the side when it flipped over ,, and there on the back was a shiny wheat cent ,,, and I was like ,,WTH ,,,, I looked at the date ,, and it says , 1958 D ,, it doesn't feel like a copper,, looks and feels, weight wise , like a modern day zinc cent. Has anyone heard of these things ,, or did I find me a 1 of a kind million dollar penny ,,,, :rofl: ,, if I knew how to post pics I would,, but sadly, I don't. And not sure if I could do on my phone anyway.
Thanks for any input .

The wife dumped all her poundage of coins out her purse for me to deal with. It was pretty quick to cull out the shield pennies but then she also had three brand new looking Memorials. All were 1975 and zero to little wear. ‘75S worth a bit but these were D. No idea why so shiny and pristine. As far as your Q, I have never seen an uncirculated or high rated wheat to know if they look new as we know them now.

The wife dumped all her poundage of coins out her purse for me to deal with. It was pretty quick to cull out the shield pennies but then she also had three brand new looking Memorials. All were 1975 and zero to little wear. ‘75S worth a bit but these were D. No idea why so shiny and pristine. As far as your Q, I have never seen an uncirculated or high rated wheat to know if they look new as we know them now.
I'm going to do a little investigating on it when I get some time. I did a little searching on the web ,, couldn't find anything on a zinc cent in that era. It just feels light , and the rim of the coin below the bust is sharp ,, unworn , so it hasn't been in circulation long . Even looked for counterfeits from that year. I found out the 58 Ds,, they minted over 8 million of them ,, and a 58 , no mint location mark were minted in much smaller numbers.
On a good note ,, they're worth anywhere from $1.46 to $146.000 .
Thanks for the replies , and ideas. As soon as I can , I'll give an update on this. Thanks guys.