Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pole recommendations for scoop?

Stogger

I've been using a 9" TRex scoop with poles from Lowes. I get the solid oak ones with the metal sheath and just drill a hole through the thing and attach with a bolt. This works great but is really heavy especially after 10-13 hours! Can anyone recommend something lighter that still has the strength to handle the forces of beach hunting?

Got to go carbon. I use a sunspot scoop and their carbon handle. Not sure if it would fit the t. Think I saw some on ebay that they make for any brand scoop.

This one's beautiful--the Neptune from Anderson Detector Shafts. It's light, a perfect length and made from super strong carbon fibre.
Much better than wood which starts to rot over time. The basket has a custom angle and "Euro" point for working in coral chunks and river stones and I know for sure my handle will never break when prying.
cjc

Thanks for the advice! I was always worried about the connection from handle to the scoop, if drilling holes would weaken it.
Mike

I also use the t-rex 9.5. I started out with the wood handle and could feel it flex every time I dug a target. I am now using a Seymour Post hold digger handle. Had to shim it to get it to fit the scoop. So far it has worked perfectly. But if you can afford the carbon fiber handle that is the way to go. Light and very sturdy.

Carbon fiber is the way to go. Its expensive but consider it an investment in your digging arm. I bought mine from Sunspot scoops when I got my 920ix. Theirs has a lifetime warranty

It may depend on your scoop as well. My Starvr has one hole for the bolt....... and its way to low. I had to modify it because you do a lot of twisting and pullling and it was splitting fiberglass ones. I like to use a HOE handle. Cheap about $15 and insert a 24" hard wood dowel. Ive had this last one one on for about 3 years. the ones i get are already sealed on one end. so once you put the dowel in they will want to stand up in the water and very light out there.

Dew

Does anyone know whether or not the CF handle will fit a Stavr scoop? Thanks

Edit to add: I'm referring to the Neptune handle.

Does the CF float like the wooden ones? My scoop has gotten away from me a couple of times but the handle floats and is painted bright yellow on the end. It was easy to retrieve.

If the fiberglass or CF is sealed.....no ploblem they stand right up.

...if the travel handle of carbon - excellent!
sand-scoop-monstrik-10-.jpg

good advertisement for those that can afford extreme price . Use hickory/ash wood with plumbers epoxy tape wrapped around wooden shaft for 75% less $ than Anderson shaft . EXTREMLY STRONG .