Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Poll for excal users

archer

Well, just got my new Excal and everyone was right. The set up out of the box is terrible for swinging.

What is the most popular mod for this:

• Straight shaft (which one)
  • Hip mount
  • Chest mount
  • Other (describe)

Looking forward to seeing what the majority is doing.

Hi, congrats on the new excal! I have a straight shaft, I don't know what is the "best" one to get, I got a name brand straight shaft but didn't care for it, so I have a custom made one myself. The hip mount seems good but the drawback to it is that unless you take extra care, the cables can get pulled and damaged. Chest mount seems to be a good idea but I haven't used it in that configuration so I can't comment on that one. It would definetly get the weight off the shaft. Best advice, see if you can get your hands on some set up the different ways and see for yourself, if you can't do that, I would check the price of chest mount vs straight shaft and try the cheaper of the 2 first and if you didn't like that then try the other. Good luck and really using it as it comes from the factory isn't all that bad, I used mine that way for 2 years and you will get built up for it and when the gold and silver start filling your pouch you won't even notice the ergonomics!

I have the long carbon straight shaft w/ the controls above your elbow.... swings great in the water.....With it mounted upside down the pinpoint switch is easy to get to... I tried the chest mount but it was more awkward to swing in the water....

I use both the hip mount and a straight shaft made by "RODS_BY_PLUGGER" I've been very happy with it.

I like the straight shaft. I have the long extension and the short one. Hardly ever use the long one. Va. Max has the best chest mount set-up I have seen but he hardly ever posts here anymore. He made the chest mount himself. Try doing a search and you may find it. Congratulations on your Excallibur you are going to like it. HH :minelab:

I dont get a lot of opportunities to use mine, but when I do, I chest mount. I use my belt to hold the coil lead so that it doesn't drag on the connection to the control tube.

i hip mounted in the beginning the coil was pulling down on me ...plus i had wires problems in a short time ...then i got the straight shaft and i can swing much longer with it

Straight shaft balanced setup. I use rbp's 3 piece setup, it allows me to change to a short diving setup by simply removing the lower third section and without having to switch the coil to the short shaft.

I use mine as a hipmount, together with the European style S shaft.

Hip mount---plugger straight shaft---Hunted for 9 hours 2 weeks ago with 15" WOT--arm was tired but could still swing at the end of the day. Main thing, I feel, is get the weight off your shaft and on your chest or waist.

Plugger way to go...owner who makes them is great too.

boog said:
Hip mount---plugger straight shaft---Hunted for 9 hours 2 weeks ago with 15" WOT--arm was tired but could still swing at the end of the day. Main thing, I feel, is get the weight off your shaft and on your chest or waist.