Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Poor Farm Finds

[sub][/sub]
Our club gained permission to search a county poor farm that was closed down. They are going to turn part of it into a county museum.
I started out finding the usual clad coins, part of a spoon and a dateless buffalo nickel. I wandered over toward the front of the main building
after lunch. I got a funny signal sounded sorta good sorta bad, dug down about 5 to 6 inches and out pops 2 wheaties. I knew there had to
be more in the hole or dug dirt because of the up and down signal. Sure enough another dateless buffalo nickel was in the hole, I probed it
again with the X1 and got another higher signal, a 1938 Wash. quarter was off to the side of the hole, of course I scratched it getting it out!
So after that I searched that area hard. Not to far away got a hit that just screamed silver. Dug down (being very careful) and a wonderful
sight!
A great looking 45 Walking Liberty Half. Made my day! Thanks for looking.
HH

n/t

Love the sight of Big Silver in the ground. Hope there is plenty more where those came from. Good Luck and HH on your next outing.:thumbup: