Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Possibility a issue with PulseDive Pinpointer

Jacamo

Hello I was hoping someone that owns a PulseDive Pinpointer or that just knows more about this sort of thing that I do can help me out and tell me if what I am experiencing is normal or if I have a bad unit. The only comparison I have is with the normal Nokta Makro Pinpointer so that is what I am making my observations from. I bought one of the accessories packages that Nokta offers that comes with just the pinpointer package and intended to use it on land for the majority of the time. I liked that it had a rechargeable battery and had the buttons actually where they are supposed to be. But having tried it out for the first time I was left very disappointed by it.f

Overall I feel like It just lacks sensitivity especially with smaller objects and really depends on the orientation of what I am trying to find. I would swing over something get a solid target ID and then when I got down with my pinpointer I couldn't even get it to beep or find it and that happened quite a few times. Also there is a noticeable delay from when I put something in front of the tip to when it will start beeping/vibrating and when I have the protective cap on it makes it even less sensitive. This makes it very frustrating to try and find something when the reaction time of the pinpointer is so awful. When compared to the regular Nokta Makro Pinpointer it is like night and day, the regular one is responsive and very reliable so I know they can make a good pinpointer. From all the reviews I have read online about it I can't seem to believe that I have the same product. The people writing the reviews make it out to be a great pinpointer and that has just not been my experience.

I should also say after my hunt went so badly I came home and did some tests with it and played around with the settings to see if I could get it working any better but that didn't help either. Also it had a full charge so at this point I am thinking I have a bad unit. Hoping to get some other opinions here as I am quite new to detecting? I know the 3kHz operating frequency of the pulse dive vs the 11.6kHz of the standard pinpointer could have something to do with it as the higher frequencies are better for smaller stuff. But even with that said some of the stuff I was using to test with like small silver rings I've found would only make the pinponter beep if I held it against the tip, If I moved it any distance away it would stop. That's not very useful in my opinion and very frustrating. Could it have something to do with the PI tech being used on land instead of in the water? I was really looking forward to being able to use these with the Simplex and WHP but if I can't even get it to work as a stand alone pinponter what's the point?

Thanks

You mentioned that you had tried to adjust the settings, I assume including sensitivity. If so, and it still does not perform, it may very well be defective. Mine seems to have a slight delay also but the sensitivity is good.

Yes I tried every level of sensitivity and even on the highest one still did not seem like it was working like it should. Or at least compared to the regular version. I am thinking I will just have to return it and I will just get the MI-4 as it has the rechargeable battery. That and being able to hook them up to the Wireless Head Phones are the main reason I got the PulseDive. Really disappointed that I won't be able to use it with my simplex and WHP but I would rather have a pinpointer that I can depend on than the luxury of having the wireless connection.

Hello I was hoping someone that owns a PulseDive Pinpointer or that just knows more about this sort of thing that I do can help me out and tell me if what I am experiencing is normal or if I have a bad unit. The only comparison I have is with the normal Nokta Makro Pinpointer so that is what I am making my observations from. I bought one of the accessories packages that Nokta offers that comes with just the pinpointer package and intended to use it on land for the majority of the time. I liked that it had a rechargeable battery and had the buttons actually where they are supposed to be. But having tried it out for the first time I was left very disappointed by it.f

Overall I feel like It just lacks sensitivity especially with smaller objects and really depends on the orientation of what I am trying to find. I would swing over something get a solid target ID and then when I got down with my pinpointer I couldn't even get it to beep or find it and that happened quite a few times. Also there is a noticeable delay from when I put something in front of the tip to when it will start beeping/vibrating and when I have the protective cap on it makes it even less sensitive. This makes it very frustrating to try and find something when the reaction time of the pinpointer is so awful. When compared to the regular Nokta Makro Pinpointer it is like night and day, the regular one is responsive and very reliable so I know they can make a good pinpointer. From all the reviews I have read online about it I can't seem to believe that I have the same product. The people writing the reviews make it out to be a great pinpointer and that has just not been my experience.

I should also say after my hunt went so badly I came home and did some tests with it and played around with the settings to see if I could get it working any better but that didn't help either. Also it had a full charge so at this point I am thinking I have a bad unit. Hoping to get some other opinions here as I am quite new to detecting? I know the 3kHz operating frequency of the pulse dive vs the 11.6kHz of the standard pinpointer could have something to do with it as the higher frequencies are better for smaller stuff. But even with that said some of the stuff I was using to test with like small silver rings I've found would only make the pinponter beep if I held it against the tip, If I moved it any distance away it would stop. That's not very useful in my opinion and very frustrating. Could it have something to do with the PI tech being used on land instead of in the water? I was really looking forward to being able to use these with the Simplex and WHP but if I can't even get it to work as a stand alone pinponter what's the point?

Thanks
I know this is a fairly old post but figured I would reply also if you have tried adjusting to full sensitivity and it still is not finding targets very good I would say you have a defective Pulse Dive pin pointer I also use the pulse dive the one that came in the kit, and mine is hitting things deeper then my garret pin pointer by almost 2 inches on full sens I also use a Fisher F Pulse which is pretty equal in depth tho the pulse dive, I like the F Pulse a little better then the Pulse Dive because the pulse dive is really heavy compared to the F Pulse and the Garrett and about 2.5 inches longer then either of the other two pointers I mentioned, the only issue I ever had with my pulse dive is getting it to pair with the headphones for the Simplex Plus which was kind of disappointing but I have used a pointer for many years with pairing to headphones so I just deal with it again it sounds like yous is defective